Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Valentine's Day!

We're having such a good visit here in Ohio--that's why there's not been much time for blogging! I am very fortunate to have a husband who realizes that I need time away from the boys to recharge, and he's very good about giving me that. Amy and I scrapbooked at her mom's house Tuesday evening, Bob and I went on a double date with Amy and Jason to Chili's Wednesday night, while the big boys were at AWANAS, and Friday night I went on another ladies' retreat, this one with Amy and my friends at our old church, Faircreek. That was a lot of fun. The topic was "The Pursuit of God in the Company of Friends", so I was so glad I could come back and go to it with Amy! Two ladies who have been friends for a long time gave their testimony Friday night, but it was a little disjointed and spur-of-the-moment. Amy and kept looking at each other and thinking, "We could do this!" Maybe someday . . . Moving really makes me appreciate my friendship with Amy even more, and I am so glad that I know that even though we're not nearby right now, our friendship isn't dependent on physical closeness. She's been a support for me through the years no matter where we've been living, and how little we can see each other. It's been fun to be here in Ohio again, and it will be hard to leave. Maybe someday we'll be able to move back here, but in the meantime, I'm glad for phones and email! In a side note, I guess I should mention, since I titled this "Happy Valentine's Day", that Bob and I just got back from a delicious lunch date at Olive Garden, my favorite place! How nice to be here where Grandma and Grandpa can babysit! : )

1 comment:

Pilot Mom said...

Claire, how special for you and Amy! I have always enjoyed my retreats with Carolyn! The topic sounds like it had great potential which I am positive it fulfilled! Love, AC