Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!

Happy Birthday, America!!
We made it home safely from Ohio, and I think we are all happy to be sleeping in our own beds again! It was certainly different to drive back without Nathan and Luke, and it made the trip in the big van much trickier, since there weren't the big boys who could easily help the girls! Now I am enjoying the novelty of having leftovers when I cook dinner. It's refreshing!
We usually go into D.C. to watch the fireworks, but this year, we're taking it easy. We're heading over to the L's house to watch them on TV in air-conditioned comfort. I'm bringing caramel popcorn to munch on. Should be fun!
Having just visited Independence Hall, where the Declaration of Independence was signed, this year I feel more connected to those important events of the past. On Rush Limbaugh's site there is an excellent address written by his father on the men who signed the Declaration, and the price they all paid. Our independence has not come cheaply, and hopefully we will not give it away easily.


3 comments:

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Happy 4th, Claire!

I must say that the pics are so cute and your babies have some of the most piercing and beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen!!

xoxo, Veronica in CA

Sandra said...

Hey Claire,
Glad to see you made it back from Ohio safely. Hope you had lots of fun with family and with Amy. The girls look so sweet. Sox is moping around the house. I think he misses the boys! :)

Johanna said...

Sometimes I don't realize how much Russell and Zeke do around the house and how convenient they make things . . . until they aren't at home for a couple days or in this case a couple weeks. They have only been gone 2 days and I am already missing them in many ways.