Saturday, April 03, 2010

Anna's Cake

We celebrated Anna's birthday by bringing a cake to Bible study on Friday before we left for PA on Saturday. I was tempted to just bring cupcakes, but I knew she wanted a "babydoll" cake, so cupcakes wouldn't really count for that. I wanted something that would fulfill the cake obligation, LOL. I also didn't really want to do a doll, which definitely has the potential to end up a Cake Wreck. So I proposed a Fisher Price Little People cake. I suggested "Sarah Lynn", because she has nice yellow hair and thus would need no dark frosting, but Anna immediately chose Sonya Lee. She is Anna's favorite because (why else?!) she wears a pink dress and headband. I wasn't that excited because that meant I had to make white frosting and chocolate frosting (to which I had to add a ton of black color gel, which makes it not taste the best), but I soldiered on, LOL. It was easy because I only had to bake one big 10x15 cake and then cut out the shape of her. I wasn't all that happy with it--Luke pointed out correctly that her face needed to be more round on bottom, and her ears are a little high--but Anna was happy. And now Grace is interested in the Sarah Lynn cake, so maybe I'll have a chance to work on my Little People skills in the near future, LOL.
Here is the happy birthday girl waiting to blow out her candles!

Anna and Amanda L are birthday buddies, sharing the same March 28 birthday. Amanda just happens to be 8 years older!

Yummy! Anna always picks strawberry cake for me to make. I'm sure you can't guess why . . .


Faith liked the cake too, although here it looks like she ate a little too much and is actually approaching a sugar coma. It's just late!


1 comment:

Beverly said...

LOL to the Faith sugar coma picture! Cute! And I for one think the cake looks GREAT! Of course, we don't have any Little People around here for me to compare it with, LOL. Anna and Kenna are definitely similar in their tastes!