Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!!

We had a great Father's Day celebration here today! Although, now that I think about it, Bob didn't get much of a break--he was up early making French toast for everyone, and he grilled the chicken we ate for lunch! Well, we are definitely thankful for such a greast dad as Bob. He's so much fun, and he loves his kids well!

Luke and I found the best card for him when we were out a few weeks ago. It's a Star Wars one, with the Millenium Falcon on the front. There's a little bubble saying, "Shut the hatch!! We're not air-conditioning the whole galaxy, you know!" If you have spent any time at our house, you will know that Bob is always reminding the kids to shut the door!

We bought him a new mp3 player for a present. We had one, the one I planned on listening to while in labor in Faith, although I never needed it. Somehow the cord to charge it disappeared, so that one hasn't been useful for awhile, LOL. I didn't like it anyway--it wasn't very user-friendly. This one is a Sansa Clip, like the one Nathan bought for himself with his jerky money. He's been quite pleased with his, so hopefully bob will like this one too.

After church, we came home, and Bob grilled chicken for us. This was actually "mystery chicken", as I really have no idea where we got it. We have been eating down our freezer so I could defrost it (which I did this afternoon--woohoo!), and last week I noticed a gallon-sized Ziploc bag with a big lump of what looked to chicken in some kind of sauce. But I never buy name-brand Ziploc freezer bags, especially not the kind with the zipper, and this meat was double-bagged in them! There was no writing on the bag or anything. I got it out to thaw and determined it was bone-in chicken in some sort of barbeque sauce marinade. I have absolutely no clue where this chicken came from. My mom thought maybe it was a meal someone brought when Faith was born, but I really doubt it. I've cleaned out the freezer since then, and I'm also pretty sure we ate all the meals brought to us during that time! Beside that, Faith is 16 months old now--this chicken didn't taste that old or freezer-burned! (Maybe it was the double-bagging?) Well, wherever it came from, it was delicious! We enjoyed it! We also had roasted asparagus, white bean salad, pineapple and strawberries, and bread. We had leftover birthday cake and ice cream for dessert.

Then we had our small group meeting at our house this evening, so we had more great fellowship with friends from church. A very nice day all around!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Your cakes are amazing! Happy Father's Day to Bob. Sounds similar to our day - Eric made the omelettes (sp? - he's better at making them than I am) and he grilled the steak!

You asked about changing the look of the blog. Hmmm. Well, go to the upper right corner on your blog and hit "sign in". On the "dashboard", you can click "settings". From there you click on "design". This will pull up the "edit layout" page. You will see "add a gadget". When you click on that, it pulls up a separate screen. I think that's self-explanatory. :-) I used "picture". Once it adds the picture, you will see a thingy ?? with "picture" on it - you can click and drag it to where you want it.

As for the background, I use "cutest blog on the block". If you go to my blog, you will see their link. You select the background you want from there. I think they have pretty good directions on their site to add their backgrounds.

Oh, and I would just put your boys to work on all this. Somehow the kids figure this stuff out WAY easier than we do! :-)

Eric was asking what Bob is going to be doing when he retires. OH, Eric will be at NRO tomorrow afternoon. Just for some meetings, not sure with whom.