Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ohio Trip

We just got home from a great trip to Ohio! What made it even more special than usual was that my brother Dan, his wife Melinda, and their 2 little girls Emily and Elia also were there from Texas. Emily is a few months younger than Anna and a few months older than Grace, so you can imagine that these 3 little girls got along like a house afire! The entire week there was hardly any bickering among them at all! They all played together and shared so beautifully! It was such a joy to see them get along so well and enjoy each other's company.

All the girls wanted to do was play together, so this led to a very inexpensive vacation, LOL. The first few days we were there it was ungodly hot, so the girls played dolls inside and swam in the little wading pool in Grandma and Grandpa's back yard. We also went to Youngs for ice cream and visited the Air Force Museum. Then when it got cooler, we went to the park. Very low-key and low-stress!

I enjoyed a week off from cooking, as my mom took superb care of feeding the "army", as Nathan put it. And I also thoroughly enjoyed the unlimited adult conversation! It was such a lovely vacation.

But now we are back to real life! We had good trips both to Ohio and back. We only had to make one stop each way, so you can tell the girls' bladders are getting stronger, LOL. We listened to The Railway Children on CD both ways, since it was a long book--7 hours! The younger kids liked it, but the older kids were not as impressed. "There's NO plot!" was a comment frequently heard, and it did indeed seem like a random bunch of stories strung together. I had a completely different idea of what the book would be, so I must never have read this as a girl. But it definitely passed the time! Going for full disclosure, I must admit that I ate way too many Oreos on the trip back. That also helped pass the time, LOL. So now I feel like exercising all week long.

The kids are all outside playing football (well, not the girls), but I think everyone will be going down soon. We're all looking forward to sleeping in our own beds tonight! I took a TON of pictures, so hopefully I'll be able to post some of those over the next few days.

1 comment:

uberchronicles said...

Sounds wonderful! What a joy it is to see your children playing so well with a cousin. We are heading to WSS next week and in our rush to finish swim lesson, clean the house and pack. I am pouring over Veritas Press and Peace Hill. Can't wait to get together. Congratulations to Bob on his retirement!