Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Some Updates

Let me start with the good news: no one woke me up last night. Well, that's not 100% accurate--Faith did cry out some time in the middle of the night, but she stopped right away and went back to sleep, as did I. It wasn't until she woke up in the morning, and I went in to get her, that I realized she had thrown up some time in the night. Her bed was a mess, and I put her straight into the bath tub. Nothing like dealing with vomit first-thing in the morning! She also has diarrhea, which she's been struggling with for the last 2 or 3 days (she is teething her eye teeth), so she has a rash. She has not been a happy camper today.

Grace did not wake up last night, but she is still not feeling the best. She fussed around this afternoon, and finally I told her to just go lie down in her bed. She fussed there for awhile, but eventually fell asleep. Yay! Now Faith is down too, and the house is nice and quiet.

I left all this chaos and sickness behind this morning in Nathan and Luke's capable hands, and I waltzed off to Bethesda for my OB appointment. They did a fine job, although Luke did have to change a poopy diaper, and Faith pitched such a fit he couldn't get her pants back on her! He had to settle her down with some apple juice, a special treat.

At my OB appointment I found out that I did not pass my 1 hour glucose tolerance test. I was 2 points too high, so I have to take the 3 hour one in the next week or 2. I do not have high hopes for passing this one either, unfortunately, and the thought of 25 weeks of poking my fingers and exercising an hour each day is quite depressing right now.

The baby seems to be doing just fine, however. S/he was very active, moving around so much it was hard to get a good reading of the heartrate. It was about 144, which is low--maybe it is a boy after all? I knew I had been feeling a lot of movement lately!

No comments: