Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Fresh Look

Hey, change! Everyone who knows me knows that I am not really big on change. I've been blogging now for 5 years, and about the only thing I have ever done with the actual blog template is add a list of blogs I follow. That involved HTML, and that was the extent of my ability, LOL. But I have admired what other people could do on their blogs, and I even asked a few people how they did some things--but everything involved modernizing my blogger template. I was afraid that I would lose all my posts or something, so I never took the plunge. But now we are here at my parents' house (yes, we made it safely with no problems!), along with my brother, who is a computer person. He has recently started blogging again (at Hotel California), and he spent a good deal of time last night upgrading his template. He didn't lose anything, so I thought I'd give it a shot today.

I have really wanted to be able to go back through and find particular posts by the tags I have given them, as opposed to trying to remember what month it was I was writing about a certain thing! So now if you have a question about, say, gestational diabetes, you can click on that link and see all my posts on the subject! There's also a search function so you can search my blog for a term. Hopefully these things will be improvements. Maybe more will be forth-coming! We'll have to see how motivated I am . . .

And sometime hopefully in this next year, I am going to make my blog into a little book and get it printed off. Blurb.com is one site that does this sort of thing. I love to go back and read old entries, since I have usually forgotten all about the little things the kids did 5 years ago! A little book would be like a family diary, and I think it would be a fun thing to pass down.

4 comments:

Tonya said...

How did you do the tag thing? Did you have to go through each post and tag it? I've wanted to do that too, but it seems daunting. I love your blogs new look!!!

Bob and Claire said...

Tonya, whenever the labeling started, then I started labeling all my posts (at the bottom of the post there's a spot to type a tag). But I could never remember what random categories I had used, and I couldn't find any other posts with that same tag, so it was kind of useless. Now I can actually use it! But there are at least a few years where my posts don't have tags. I doubt I will ever be motivated to go back and tag them, LOL.

Lynnea said...

Love the new look!

Pilot Mom said...

Awww, you both (Dan and you) are going to make me redo my blog and begin blogging again! ;) I despartly want a new look. I'll see if I can swing it on my own, otherwise I will have to wait till Dan comes to visit us! LOL! Hint, hint Dan!!