Wednesday, September 21, 2005

More Good News

A few weeks ago, I posted an entry about the science fair that I am working on, and how concerned I was that it was going to flop in a big way. Well, this afternoon Katrina, the fair director, called with what she considered bad news. One lady on our committee is moving to Germany suddenly, and another man just said he had to give it up because his job was too busy. "Wow, nothing like clear direction!" was my first thought! She said that she felt like throwing in the towel, and I said I thought it would be a good idea to drop the whole thing for this year because if we weren't getting good community support during the planning stages, then how could we expect to get good support and participation for the actual fair?! She said she felt bad about wasting all this time and effort on it, but I told her that we would REALLY feel bad if we kept going (and there are only about 4 of us left at this point!), and then there only ended up being 10 kids or so! I also said that she shouldn't consider our time wasted--we did a lot of legwork, and maybe in a few years, someone else will come along who has this vision as well. Then we can try again. For me, I just feel so relieved! What a load off my shoulders! So now my February and March are open again--I'm hoping we can take a quick trip back to Ohio mid-February to see Mom and Dad's new house and for me to visit Amy, who I am missing dreadfully. Then I can be free to have a baby anytime in March! Thank you, Lord, for clear direction!

1 comment:

Pilot Mom said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!:)