Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Waiver Update

We still haven't gotten our official approval letter, so Bob called this morning to see what was up. It turns out this is a multi-step process filled with extra people, so we are still a little ways away from actually getting the letter. The first step was to get "Nora" and the lady Colonel to sign off on the request, which they did. Then they send it up to "Betty", who in turn sends it off to Tricare. Betty sent the request off last week, and Tricare has received it on Thursday, the 22nd. Now they have 7-10 business days to send off the official letter, which they have not yet done (Bob talked to them). They may get it out by Friday, or it may be Monday--who knows? Anyhow, we should have the letter by the end of NEXT week, at which point I will be able to call and make my first appointment. By that time I will be almost 16 weeks along, so at this point I am just hoping to be seen before 20 weeks. Whenever I read about people wanting government health care, I just laugh hysterically. They have no idea what they are wishing for!

No comments: