Sunday, October 08, 2006

Weekend Update

I guess the big news is that Anna started crawling Friday afternoon. She is still quite slow and spaceman-like in her efforts, with lots of stops for more rocking, but she is rapidly improving. As my friend Christine says, "Crawling is over-rated." I'm not ready to train her to not pull papers and books off the bookshelves, avoid the 3 (!) staircases we have, and be super-duper vigilant about keeping Bionicle pieces off the floor. Ah well. She is still spitting up a lot, and I think it is because of the soy formula. She is not unhappy about it at all, but she sure does smell bad! I am still pretty sensitive to smells, so I want to change her outfit about 25 times a day. I asked the doctor about it at her well-baby appointment on Friday, telling him about her sensitivity to real milk in my breast milk as well, and how she stopped spitting up entirely after I stopped having milk. His solution? "Put some rice cereal in her bottle to thicken up the formula. Probably a little bit of reflux." Hmmm. I don't think it's reflux. Sigh. I keep thinking, "When Bob retires, we'll get to pick civilian doctors!"

Before the big pregnancy news, I actually had big plans for this 3 day weekend--"Let's go to Philabelphia!" We're in the American Revolution time frame of history, so it would be perfect! But somehow I just never was motivated in the slightest to plan the trip, and so here we are, at home. I used to be such a great traveler, ready at a monent's notice to trot off somewhere, towing along several kids! What happened to me? I'm just. so. tired. Maybe Veterans' Day weekend? Yeah, don't hold your breath!

It was nice to sleep in yesterday and not drive somewhere or be in a hotel. Bob and the boys made some major inroads in our cleaning tasks. The kitchen is no longer buried under a mound of mail and other papers, and you can walk through the basement without tripping over castle pieces. That doesn't sound like much, but actually quite a lot got done! That just goes to show how messy it really was! I didn't feel too well yesterday, so I mainly just laid around on the couch. I feel better today. I guess I just needed the rest. It's still hard for me to really believe and act on the amount of rest that a pregnant and nursing mom of 5 actually needs, and of course, most days it is simply impossible. How nice that it was doable yesterday!

I have just remembered that I put a load of laundry in earlier evening and never transferred it to the dryer. I guess the fish oil MUST be working, since I realized only hours later, and not tomorrow, as I go to start the next 3 loads, as can be the case! Off to battle the laundry . . .

1 comment:

mattkimuber said...

Thank you for the entry on the sabbath and education. It was very insightful. I hope you are feeling well. It was good to talk to you. Now that I have this blog address again, I will be sure to visit regularly.