Wednesday, June 11, 2008

We're back!!!!!

After 5600 miles in the car, we have finally returned to D.C. I'll be honest--it was hard to come back east! The temperatures and humidity rose, the speed limit decreased, the horizon shrank, and everything got more crowded and squished together. But we're looking forward to seeing friends at Bible study on Friday and at church on Sunday, and it was wonderful to sleep in our own beds again. We're all pretty fried! Now to start the laborious unpacking process, my least favorite part of traveling . . .

Yesterday we left Amy's house in Ohio, but before we left, we found out we are going to have a more permanent momento from this trip! Probably around the beginning of February . . . How exciting!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news, Claire!

Beverly said...

Oh, my goodness! Congratulations, and more power to you! Just today I was thinking, "I don't know HOW moms of 7 and 8 kids DO IT!!" I was going crazy with my 4...Sigh. I suppose if God sees fit to add more arrows to our quiver, He'll provide the "stuff" I need (mostly patience, strength, and wisdom, which is what I pray for on a daily basis...)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Claire! What wonderful news!

Tonya said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you're back from your trip too!

Anonymous said...

That's great! I had to get caught up on your blog, as I definitely missed this announcement. :) Can't remember, do you guys find out the gender, or not?