Wednesday, September 24, 2008

One Less Thing to Worry About . . .

On our way back home from the commissary this afternoon, we were listening to the Focus on the Family Minute, or something like that. The man was talking about rebellious teens, and he said that teens who really rebel usually have parents that don't set clear boundaries, don't follow through on consequences, and generally let the kids run the house like little tyrants. Luke says, "Well, that's not you, Mom, so you don't have to worry about that!" Whew!

It was a long afternoon at the commissary. I remember this from the past few pregnancies, but the more pregnant I get, the longer it takes. We left at 1:00 and didn't get back home until 4:15. At least we don't have to go for another 6 weeks or so.

When I'm checking out, I really don't pay any attention to the bagger, so I was quite surprised when, after paying, I looked up and noticed a sea of white plastic bags in 3 bagger carts plus one regular shopping cart. "Ack, I asked for paper bags!" I said. The girl didn't seem really bright, and she said the cashier had told her plastic, but I think she just didn't hear right. I really couldn't figure out how we were going to fit $650 worth of groceries in saggy plastic bags into our van. Let me tell you, it was a tight fit. Maybe the next time the girl sees someone with as much stuff as we had, and she thinks they want plastic, hopefully she'll ask just to make sure. Or not. Like I said, she didn't seem all that with it. Anyhow, all the groceries are put away, and our garage has enough plastic bags to clog a landfill for several years, LOL. I have no idea what to do with them all.

2 comments:

The Brooks Family said...

I swear the commissary is a black hole where you always lose an extra hour that you can't account for! I'll think I've spent just an hour in there and it turns out to be over two! Happens every time.

Melissa said...

We use the plastic bags for liners in small garbage cans, which are mostly in the bathrooms and one in the office by my craft table.