Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Two Virtues

Faith is definitely rolling over from back to tummy now! She has become much faster at it, so no more laying her on the couch, a bed, etc. without really watching! She also finally moved into her own room (Grace's old room) last Wednesday night, because I finally got around to switching crib bedding, moving clothes, and so on. Grace and Anna, who are now sharing a room, definitely talk and giggle for awhile each night before they go off to sleep, but so do the boys. Faith has done just fine in her new room, and it's nice to be able to go into our closet anytime we want to, especially for Bob in the mornings!
Grace is all big eyes and smiles in this picture, but we haven't actually seen too many smiles the past few days from her. That's because she has the most gigantic canker sore on her tongue, on the top towards the back, and it is an ugly, angry thing. It obviously really hurts, especially when she eats or tries to suck on her pacifier. I feel for her, since I get them too, even in weird soft tissue places like the tongue, but I don't think I or anyone else has started getting them quite so young. My usual solution of swishing my mouth with equal parts of liquid benedryl and milk of magnesia for 30 seconds won't really work with a 2 year old, who is just learning not to swallow toothpaste! So I'm just praying the sore will go away quickly, before Grace decides it's just too much of a pain to eat and stops it altogether. We definitely don't want her to slip back under 20 pounds again. Why does this sort of thing happen to my skinniest one?!

1 comment:

Pilot Mom said...

They are both precious, precious girls!!!

Way to go Faith!!!! Keep it up!