Saturday, February 06, 2010

Fun in the Snow!

Here are 2 little snow bunnies! Grace actually didn't spend too much time outside. She didn't like floundering around in the snow, and she didn't want to sled, so . . . I didn't bother getting Faith all dressed up at all. I knew she wouldn't like it, and she could have gotten lost in it!
Lots of sledding was done. Here is Anna with Bob. There should be snow for plenty more days of sledding! The boys went out in the morning, after lunch, and some went out again before dinner. I was SOOO glad the dryer was hooked up and working so I could pop everything in the dryer between trips outside! All their stuff was absolutely dripping each time they came in!

I dug out my cross-country skis from the basement. We got them when we lived in Colorado, and we used to really enjoy skiing together! There was just too much snow for me, though. It wasn't hard enough on top, and I just kept sinking down. Tomorrow it will probably be better, when it's not so fresh. It was fun though! Bob and I actually talked about both of us going out tonight after dinner. But then we sat down on the couch and realized we were both totally exhausted from all the shoveling, and there is no way on earth we would be able to cross-country ski at all tonight! Maybe tomorrow!


Down at the end of the cul-de-sac, on the hill where the boys sled, there are 4-5 evergreen trees. The boys discovered that the snow on the branches made the branches bow down to the ground, so they could hide under there. They called these "tree-pees". Nathan and Luke shared the biggest one, and then Caleb, Jonathan, and Anna each had their own. The picture above is of Nathan and Luke's. Can you see them peeking out of the bottom? Here is a closer look at them:


We're all looking forward to more fun tomorrow! So far our electricity has stayed on, although the L's just lost theirs not too long ago. We had lots of hot chocolate, and I baked chocolate chip cookies as well! What a fun day!




3 comments:

Beverly said...

Wow! Lots o' snow! I'm sure my boys would LOVE to be your neighbors right now, LOL. The "tree pees" are great! We have quite a bit of snow, but not nearly as much as you have. We're supposed to get more this week. I'm wishing we owned sleds...

Anonymous said...

On the west coast, we are getting lots of reports about your snowfall--record amounts. Thank you for sharing all of the great pictures and descriptions. Now we know it is actually as immense as described.

Melinda's Mom

Pilot Mom said...

I agree, Barbara, this is one memory making storm! The kids will remember it forever! I still remember when Papa was TDY, Claire, and I was in jr. high, and the storm of all storms hit and we were without power for three days. Poor Nana, she had to keep the fire going in the living room (before the buck stove) throughout the night and day. All the neighbors gathered together and shared our main meal, warmed up on camping stoves! :D