Saturday, May 01, 2010

Happy Birthday, Grace!

Wow, Grace is 3 today! It doesn't seem like that long ago that I was talked into an induction by a paranoid civilian doctor who thought anyone who had more than 3 children was necessarily heading straight to a ruptured uterus. That labor was definitely my hardest, as she was simply not ready to come out. But eventually she decided to come out into this wide world, and we are so glad she did! Grace is like a little butterfly, so light, quiet, and cheerful! She likes to sing songs to herself, and she will play forever by herself with the Little People or Duplos. She also loves playing with Anna, and she is a great big sister for Faith--very conscientious, which Faith doesn't always appreciate, LOL. She seems to be another detail person, a lot like Luke, which will be helpful. Her funny quirk is that she uses only objective pronouns--"Me finished that", "Her is over there"--and funny possessive ones--"My's favorite color is purple". I know she'll grow out of it, and she sounds cute, so I haven't bothered correcting her. If she is in high school and still doing it, then . . . LOL.
For her birthday, I made a purple castle cake, since purple indeed is her favorite color. We had the cake on Friday night after Bible study.
For weeks now, ever since Anna's birthday in March, Grace has been so eager for it to be her birthday. She asked all the time about it, and I would say, "Not yet . . . It's getting closer . . ." etc. When I put the girls to bed Thursday night, I told them to hurry up, since I had to go bake Grace's birthday cake. Grace shook her head and said seriously, "Not yet . . . my's birthday not yet." I don't know that she totally believed me when I assured her I really was baking her cake, for her birthday!
Friday night, when we started singing "Happy Birthday" to her, her face just lit up with this huge smile, like "It's finally here! I can't believe it!" It was so cute!

Today we had a graduation picnic for our co-op, and I was on the committee. We were there for a good chunk of the day, so Grace didn't get to pick out a meal or anything. We were all wiped out from the heat, but we hung in long enough to open her presents tonight! She was most excited about this Little People book from Grandma and Grandpa G. (You can see her saying "Oooh . . . Little People" here. Little People are definitely her favorites!)

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Oh, I can't believe she's three already! She's adorable--love the cake. Kenna also has been very confused by birthdays...she keeps saying it's HER birthday, I guess because hers was the first of a slew of Jacobson family birthdays, LOL. Anytime we had cake, it was HER cake!