Friday, May 14, 2010

Light Week

This week the boys did their Stanford Achievement Tests. I am always nervous about these, but the boys all assured me that they were "so easy". We'll see in a few weeks . . . I had lots of great plans for how much I was going to get done while they were gone Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday morning. I did get some things done, but never as much as I hope, sigh. How does the time pass so quickly?! It might have something to do with the fact that with all the older boys gone, I am left with 3 needy little girls. Just think--that could be my life everyday if I did what everyone random stranger thinks will make my life so much easier and just send the boys off to school! No thanks.

We aren't doing any school this week. Nathan went to Medieval Times on Thursday with the L's and the high school co-op group associated with our elementary group. He had a great time! They had front row seats. I spent a lot of time going through old papers inside and stuff in the garage. We've been composting, so Nathan is always looking for paper to shred to add to the compost container. Well, he has enough to keep him busy for quite awhile now! The garage is not "clean" per se--that will take another day or so, plus another set of shelves--but it is easier to navigate through, so that is a start. We had some of those wires shelves that make cubes. I despise those things. They fall down at the drop of a hat, and they are SUCH a hassle to rebuild! So we put those out on the curb, in hopes someone who doesn't know how bad they are will want to take them, LOL, and we are waiting for some regular metal shelves to go on sale somewhere.

I also was finally able to put away the clothes at the bottom of Jonathan's closet that no longer fit him. I had to get another plastic storage tub for that. This is an instance where, if we had moved, I would not have kept this stuff, but since we are still here, and since we could potentially have another boy, and since we do have storage space in the basement, I keep the stuff. We'll see if it ends up bveing worth the space it takes up! At least all my out-grown clothes are in the basement in stackable clear tubs, so they really don't take up all that much space, and they are organized by size.

Today we are cleaning the house this morning, and we'll make a commissary trip this afternoon. I am dreading that because everyone is really crabby today. I gave them all haircuts last night, and somehow everyone ended up going to bed late. Anna and Grace have been waking up MUCH earlier than usual for the past few nights. We had told Grace that when she was ready to give up her pacifier at night (the only time she was using it), then she would REALLY be a big girl, and she could move out of her crib, and into the double futon bed that Anna sleeps in. So she decided she was ready to do that a few nights ago. She's been doing fine, getting herself off to sleep just fine and sleeping through the night without waking up. BUT she wakes up early, and I know if she had her binky, she would go back off to sleep. And she wakes up Anna with her singing, LOL. Oh well. Next week, it's back to regular schoolwork. I can hear the cries of joy already! LOL

1 comment:

Beverly said...

This was us a couple of weeks ago! My kids also told me the tests were SO easy, so it will be interesting to see how they fared on their first go-around.