They were busy having fun Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday: they went to the local children's science museum, they went to Youngs for miniature golf, the big slide, and ice cream of course, and they also hit the base bowling alley. Then the rest of us drove in Friday night. Bob was even able to drive out with us for the weekend, and then he flew home late Sunday night. We were busy having fun as well!
- Many games were played, especially of Stratego
- The girls had a special breakfast at Mimi's
- We made cinnamon rolls
- We went to the church, and the girls wore these adorable matching patriotic dresses that Grandma had found for them
- Uncle Jim grilled his famous flank steak, which was sooo delicious
- Grandpa took the kids out for rides in the Model A--and Micah wasn't scared this year!
- The girls made pies with Grandma and Aunt Claire--a delicious chocolate one, and a strawberry nectarine one that I was a bit hesitant about, but was *really* good
- The girls had a make-up session with Aunt Claire, after which they had to run down and put on Nana's costume jewelry for the picture!
And then, all too soon, it was time for Emily, Elia, Aunt Claire, and Uncle Jim to fly back home. It's never long enough, and the girls were full of plans for us all to move to the same place!
Wednesday and Thursday we were able to spend time with Amy and her kids, including her niece, who is in between Anna and Grace in age. The girls had a ball playing with her!
Caleb and Jonathan spent Wednesday night over there, playing with Jacob, and they were thrilled to have something special for them to do.
It was really great to see Nathan again, and we got to see Luke briefly, since he wasn't actually done until Sunday. I actually drove back up Sunday morning to pick him up, getting there in time to eat lunch. A friend of mine, Carri, who was on staff with me back in the day (the glory years, we said), was also up there from Kentucky to pick up one of her daughters who had also been on staff with Luke, so we were able to visit over lunch. It was so lovely to catch up! Then General and Mrs. B invited us over to their house on our way out of town for Gen. B's famous milkshakes, and well, who can say no to them?! So we stopped over there, along with Carri and the 4 kids of hers she had with her (we both have 10 kids each--isn't that amazing?! 20 kids from 2 support staffers!). Fun times! We finally got home around 7:00, and we were finally all together again--for one more week, until Nathan leaves. Wah!