Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Enjoying Life With Air Conditioning

Ahhhh . . . our house is so comfortable now. The guys came back Monday and worked all day, making all sorts of racket down in the basement. They finished up around 5:00, and it was so great to feel the humidity slowly start to leave the house. I think we are going to replace the outside part of the upstairs unit this summer too, as opposed to waiting until it totally gives out. We tried that and didn't like it, LOL.

I still haven't really made anything in the oven the last few nights, even though it would not make the house unbearably warm. After more than a week of skillet/stir-fry/crockpot meals, it just seems weird to even contemplate something in the oven.

Dinnertime has become somewhat of a challenge, even without the a/c woes. During this pregnancy so far, I have predictably been nauseous starting at around 2:00 in the afternoon, and it lasts until dinner. Once I've eaten dinner, I'm fine. Usually I take a nap around 2:00, but when I wake up, I am in no mood to even think about food, much less prepare something. Even the crockpot is not an ideal solution, because waking up smelling food really turns my stomach. So I have exhausted my repetoire of quick skillet meals that don't require me to do very much to prepare them, LOL.

This whole afternoon nausea this is definitely unique for me, as far as my pregnancies go. It will be interesting to see if this is a boy or a girl. I have really only been nauseous with the 2 girls, so maybe it will be another girl, although to be perfectly honest, I will admit I'm hoping a little bit for another boy! But of course I will be thrilled with whichever. Not so thrilled with the nauseousness, however.

All right, I'm late for my nap because I decided to be proactive and start the beef barley soup before laying down. And then someone called, so I needed to write a quick email, and what do you know, I find myself here. But now I'm off to the couch!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Glad you got the air conditioner fixed! Next time you can come down here to Australia...our apartment doesn't have heat (in the middle of winter) so it's a cool 66 in here! I sit around wrapped in a blanket. :) Hope you get to feeling better soon!!

Unknown said...

Being it is hot in Texas for 6 months I usually don't use the oven for 6 months. I made brownies the other day and Dan was complaining the house was too warm. I guess that is why I love when it cools down here because I can use the oven. Mel

witw said...

I don't remember complaining about it being too warm due to the brownies! I'll take the brownies anytime.

Johanna said...

We finally got our new A/C put in yesterday. I guess I really hadn't noticed just how hot it was down stairs until the new A/C started working. Cool air really is nice. Sorry to hear about the "afternoon" sickness. Hopefully it will get better in a few weeks. Thankfully, with Olivia, mine got better after the first Trimester.

Anonymous said...

Our air just went out today... the guy was here off and on, but said he has to wait for another part. I am sitting here in the heat of the night listening to all the neighbor's AC units kicking on and trying to be thankful for all the blessings I have. Its easy to get focused on what you don't have.