Friday, July 11, 2008

New Bibles

A few days ago, I bought new Bibles for Nathan and Luke. Nathan had come to me a few days before that and mentioned that he didn't want to take his Bible to Camp Caleb next month. Nathan got his Bible when he was 4, and it is a Psalty Bible! Yes, one can understand why an 11 year old boy would feel the need to move on up, LOL. It's in a nice red Bible cover, however, so I never thought of it as a Psalty Bible--just as Nathan's Bible.

Luke's Bible is just as bad. It's a kid's devotional Bible, in the "NrIV", which is the NIV for new readers. He was also ready to move up!

We bought 2 new Bibles at the Christian bookstore, using a coupon, so now they are all set for Camp Caleb. The only thing is that these are just pretty generic gift Bibles, although they do have nice covers. But they don't really have a concordance, maps, or any helpful study notes or anything. I really loved my student Bible that I had back in high school and college, but I didn't see anything like that in the bookstore. I might look at CBD sometime to see what they have, and maybe we'll get them another Bible sometime, like at Christmas. It's always nice to have more Bibles around the house.

3 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

Oh, let us get them new Bibles for Christmas! Okay?

Bob and Claire said...

Sounds good!

Dy said...

Oh, please lmk when you find something. Both of the boys have the NrIV bibles. James is always stealing my enormous Concordia Self-Study Bible, which is fine, except that... well, it's mine! LOL. I need to get him his own, but I'd like to get a nice one, one that will last him for years and be one he turns to even when he's purchased other Bibles on his own, kwim?

:-)
Dy