Saturday, March 14, 2009

Another Update

I'm sure you are all holding your breath to see how Grace is doing today, LOL. Well, the good news is that she is much better, hive-wise. They are smaller and not as red. Her hands aren't as swollen either. She is still really congested, although the vaporizer helped her sleep just fine last night. She is still running a fever, but I can keep it down with Motrin. Mainly she is just exceptionally snotty. At least it's draining, right?

My friend Lisa wrote on my Facebook page that she had pretty much the exact same thing last week, the fever, hives, and congestion, and it was just a virus. I was relieved to hear that! She said it took 5-6 days for the hives to go away. It's good to know that, and now I don't have to schedule in another big chunk of time next week for a trip to Bethesda! Another friend of mine, Christina, said one of her sons has gotten hives like these before with viruses also. Boy, you'd think with 7 kids, I'd have experienced this before! Learn something new every day!

3 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

Well, I have had the fever for two weeks, the congestion in the sinuses, the runny nose, but no hives. All that with an antibiotic. I would say it isn't working (the antibiotic) all that great. However, I AM feeling better except when the fever comes up.

Tell Grace AC is glad she is doing better. How is Caleb and his fever?

Bob and Claire said...

Well, it was actually Jonathan with the fever, and he's fine now. He still has a bit of a lingering cough, but the fever seems to be gone. Just a little bug for him, with no hives!

Beverly said...

It's always something, isn't it?! You should be a pro when it comes to diagnosing and treating kids' ailments, LOL!