Saturday, March 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Anna!

Anna turned 3 today! It's hard to believe that 3 years ago, I went in for my appointment on my due date, they found out I was already 5 cm dilated but not having contractions, so the doctor admitted me, started pitocin, broke my water, and Anna arrived a few short hours later! And with her arrival, the color pink appeared in our house. Now pink is almost taking over!


Anna asked for a "pink bunny cake". I'm not sure exactly sure what the muse was for that particular choice, but hey, it was easy, and it did not involved Bionicles, so I was good with it. I would like everyone to know that I made the eyes just black, but other parties, who shall remain nameless, felt that the bunny needed pink irises, like real bunnies. So that is why this bunny looks a bit possessed.

Anna got lots of great presents, such as some Colorforms, a pink bike helmet, a princess beach towel, a shiny silver purse with lots of fun stuff inside, and a lollipop. A few days ago, she and Grace also scored a bunch of nice clothes passed down from the L's girls. They have been cleaning out their basement storage room, and we were the beneficiaries from that! The L's passed on these cute USAFA cheerleading outfits, which bring back such fun memories of going to the football games with them when we were both stationed in Colo. Springs, and Jessica and Amanda wearing these outfits! Anna and Grace were wearing them in honor of USAFA hockey, which has had a great season this year and is playing tonight in the NCAA tournament (double overtime right now!). I think for the football season, Faith will have to be the one wearing the small outfit, though. It's only a 12 month one, and I think it will be a shirt on Grace by then!


And here is a picture of Faith, just to keep everyone happy. She's cooing and smiling up a storm!



7 comments:

Michele said...

Happy Birthday, Anna! How cute! Easy cakes are the best, but whom am I to say that since Tim is the cake decorator in our house.

Amy said...

Cute! Starting the cheerleading legacy early, huh?!

Johanna said...

Only a couple more weeks until our first Girl birthday cake.

Amy said...

What's up with Anna's arm?

Bob and Claire said...

Amy, she has a Thomas the Tank Engine temporary tattoo, one that is on its way out. It's all blurry and dark now. Very attractive!

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

The cake is soo cute! How talented you are! Hope it was a total blast.

xoxo, Veronica in CA

Beverly said...

Cute, cute, cute!!