Friday, March 13, 2009

Update on Grace

For those who are curious, Grace is still very "hivey" today. The ones on her face are maybe not quite so red as yesterday, but the hives are still over a lot of her body. And the weird thing is where they seem to have gotten smaller, it looks like her skin is almost bruised where the hives used to be. The skin seems darker. I've never seen anything like it before. Also, her hands and fingers are still pretty swollen. Not her wrists, though. It's just really weird to see her with these big man hands, because normally she has really small, delicate ones.

Also, she has continued to run a fever of a little over 100 today, and she is pretty congested. She's not wheezy though, so that's a good thing. I put the vaporizer in her room tonight. Maybe that will help. She's really not too uncomfortable, though, just a bit snotty. As long as the fever is down, she's pretty happy and content, and she continues to not be bothered at all by the hives.

I guess we're just playing it by ear at this point. I don't think we're planning on doing anything this weekend unless something gets really bad, but if things aren't better by Monday, I'll call and take her in again. I'm praying she's a lot better when she wakes up tomorrow though!

4 comments:

wendy said...

Oh man! I am praying for little Grace. :-( Does she scratch the hives? I have had unexplained hives for a couple years now and sometimes I get bruising where the hives were from sratching. I sure hope they go away soon or at least they can figure out what is causing them.

Lynnea said...

I will be praying for Grace.

Beverly said...

Poor little Grace. :-( I'll pray for her and the rest of the family...hopefully everyone can be healthy soon!

Anonymous said...

Wow, does that bring back the memories! Her hives look so much like Luke's, but he didn't have much swelling. Matthew's hives were viral-related but we eventually figured out Luke's were from strawberries. Don't give up on the Benadryl or Zyrtec. Ice packs may help her hands, if she'll put up with them. -- Christina W.