Monday, December 21, 2009

Snow in VA

Here are a few pictures from the big snowfall of the past weekend. THe first picture is looking out our front door at Bob's van, which was parked on the street. It is so buried! It's going to take forever to dig it out! The snow is even higher than the doors on the other side, where the snowplow pushed snow! The government was basically shut down to day, so Bob didn't have to go in this morning. Yay!

Here is the driveway, with my minivan, and the big van beside it. The boys and I did manage to dig out my van, so I'm thinking that's what Bob will take in tomorrow. We also shoveled the walkway.

The boys spent the rest of the time making elaborate snow forts and paths throughout the front yard. Here is Caleb in one of the forts.

Faith watched forlornly all day from inside the glass storm door. This afternoon I got her all dressed up and took her outside. She was not a fan, LOL--not of the snowsuit, the mittens, the snow, the cold--none of it! But she looked cute!


Here are all the kids, all dressed up! They can't wait to get back out there tomorrow!

I spent my time putting books back on the bookshelves in the family room and study. You'd think I'd be done, but I'm not. I should have taken a picture before I left, so that I would remember how everything went! It's taking me forever to get it all right again.

Bob has spent his day finishing tiling the laundry room. All he has left are the ones that go around the edge, and he is cutting them now. Then they have to cure for 24 hours, after which he can grout. That has to dry 36 hours. I am looking forward to getting my washer and dryer back, but it is all looking so nice in there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have been getting lots of news on how badly the snow storm has been in Virginia. We have wondered how it was going for you, since you are the only ones we know that live in the state. Thank you for the pictures and excellent description of the conditions. It looks like a White Christmas for you.

Melinda's Mom

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed you had snow gear for everyone!! I was thinking I don't have any snow gear besides a jacket and mittens and a hat. Looks like fun!!