Wednesday, August 11, 2010

How I'm feeling

I've had several people ask how I am feeling, and the answer is . . . just fine! I really don't have many first trimester maladies. I've been somewhat nauseous in other pregnancies (Grace's is the one I think of first), but I haven't even had that this time. Every so often my stomach might turn at a smell or something, but that's about it. It makes me VERY glad that I am not mummifying any chickens this year, however. Talk about your bad, stomach-turning smells . . .

What made me suspect pregnancy was having to get up and pee in the middle of the night, and that is continuing. Last night I had some weird dreams, and TWICE I woke up having to pee and I didn't know where I was! I would say the disorientation is more a function of traveling too much this summer, though, LOL. Any other symptoms, like breast tenderness, were easily explained away by me (I had just nursed Faith for the last time July 27, so I assumed that was the reason I was a little sore, even though she was only nursing once a day in the mornings).

I would say the most annoying thing for me is the feeling that my brain is just not quite there. In fact, I did a TERRIBLE job packing for our last trip to Ohio. We travel a lot, and packing is pretty second nature to me. I can't think of the last time I have forgotten some normal item! But this time, for example, I forgot to get a church dress for Faith, even though I got ones for Anna and Grace, and I forgot Jonathan's flip flops, even though I got everyone elses. Not big deals, but just annoying and highly uncharacteristic! I was thankful that Amy's son Jacob is the same size as Jonathan and could lend him flip flops, since Jonathan is staying out there for 2 more weeks and is planning on doing more swimming! It's so nice to have friends to cover for you when you are being ditzy!

I've been a little more tired too. Each evening I have planned on getting stuff done after the girls go down . . and it hasn't happened yet, LOL. I poop out and go to bed. Oh well. Who needs a clean, organized house before starting back to school? Wait--that would actually be very nice. Ah well, it hasn't happened any other year. Why should this one be the first?!

1 comment:

Lynnea said...

LOL. I had "dropsy". I would drop the same item multiple times right in a row. It drove me crazy.