Sunday, August 22, 2010

Quick Update

I'm stealing the idea from my friend Beverly and doing a quick "Seven on Sunday" update.

1. Nathan's bites are almost all gone, for all who have been asking! We'll just write this episode off as another one of his crazy skin reactions, and I'm glad we didn't bother taking him in!

2. Caleb and Jonathan are back home! I wrote a long, informative blog post about their time in Ohio and drive back with the L's in my mind last night before falling to sleep, but we'll see if that ever actually get's translated to real live typing, LOL. My brain is just so darn mushy lately, and I can't remember anything!

3. I gave all the kids haircuts last night. Nathan has needed one for a long time, as his cowlick in the back had become quicky spiky. With football every night, however, I never could fit one in. I seized the day yesterday! I gave the girls cuts as well, but that was a bridge too far, LOL. I was too tired! I told them that in the future I will have to have haircut night for boys and a different night for girls. I am still not very satisfied with Anna's hair. Grrr.

4. We had a wonderful day today! Suzanne, a good friend from way back (she and her husband actually met when they were both living with my family in our big old house in Ohio back in 1987!), was in MD visiting her family with 5 of her 7 kids. They drove down from MD to go to church with us, and then we all headed over to the L's house (also friends of Lee and Suzanne from way back!) for lunch and visiting. It was so fun to catch up!

5. We're starting back to school tomorrow. I've gotten the school books organized, so hopefully everything will go smoothly! Our jr. high co-op (Rivendell)starts next Tuesday, and our other co-op, for the younger kids, starts back up after Labor Day, so we have a week to ease back into things. I've finished my first 2 lessons for life science (in Rivendell), and I want to finish the next 2 as well. That 3rd and 4th week of Rivendell are when I am teaching chemistry in the other co-op to the 5th and 6th graders, so I need to finish getting those lessons together. I'll be glad when September is over!

6. Caleb has his milk challenge Wednesday morning at 8:00. He is off his antihistimines this week, since last Wednesday, actually, and he is really starting to suffer! He is also very allergic to ragweed, which is in its prime right now. His eyes are getting all itchy and puffy, and there's not a thing we can do except put cold compresses on them! Poor Nathan is also really suffering this year. He has been a snuffly, sneezy mess for the past 2 weeks. I am thinking I might make an appointment for him this week so he can at least get his own allergy med prescriptions.

7. Hmmm, what else. Faith is developing keen interest in shoes, like her big sister Anna. She is always trying on their shoes (and anyone elses!). She is wearing a size 4, but I got down the size 5 pair of pink crocs (knock-offs of course, LOL) the other girls wore. She LOVES them! They're a little big, but she thinks she is hot stuff in them! She wants them on all the time!

Well, that's an update on us. Now Bob and I are going to take a quick walk before it gets too dark!

No comments: