Thursday, June 14, 2012

16 Week Appointment

Today was my 16 week OB appointment.  Everything looks good--baby's heartrate is in the 150s, although s/he was moving around the whole time, so it was hard to get a consistent reading.  I have been feeling a lot of movement, so I wasn't too surprised the little one was all wiggly today.  I'm measuring right at 16 weeks, which is good, because I look like I could easily be 25 weeks at least, LOL.  My ultrasound is scheduled for Monday, June 25.

I did have to take the one hour glucose screening test, which I expected, so I brought plenty of reading material.  I'm almost done with a really fascinating book called The Disappearing Spoon:  And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World From the Periodic Table of the Elements.  So interesting!  A very fun read!  My friend Rabia recommended it to me, and I definitely recommend it to anyone who has a passing interest in chemistry, or just likes knowing cool facts about interesting people and things.  I am going to require the Rivendell boys to read it next summer before we do chemistry.  Actually, Nathan picked it up after I got it out of the library and read through it pretty quickly already, so even teenage boys find it interesting!

This was actually my second trip to Bethesda in 2 days.  I had to take Nathan in yesterday because he has a wart on his foot that we want off before he goes to CAP encampment.  While we were there yesterday, I noticed a big posterboard sign talking about a "code white" exercise that would be taking place . . . today.  Ack!  The sign said that no one would be permitted to move around the hospital while the exercise was going on, and patients would be taken to a safe place.  Great!  Since I knew I would most likely be there for awhile today, I was certain I would be caught up in the fun.  Instead, I think I barely missed all the excitement!  I was driving up to the gate to leave, and there were MPs all over the place.  One of them was by the active barrier thing, and as soon as I drove over it, he motioned for the car behind me to stop.  Then they put the barrier up, preventing cars from leaving or entering the base.  But I was out of there!  Woo-hoo!

No comments: