Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Spring Cleaning

Normally on a Tuesday afternoon, I would be exhausted from teaching all day.  But we're on break!!  Thursday night, after biology class was over, I started cleaning and organizing our study.  It has been driving me crazy, but I just haven't had the time to do anything about it.  But now--5 days later, LOL--it is finally clean and organized!  I even have some extra space, ready for more books!  Of course, I still have some shelves that are over-full, particularly one with all my Latin stuff on it.  I haven't figured out a good way to break it up yet.


I went through all our books and put a ton in a box to get rid of.  TNT is having their annual used curriculum sale in a few weeks, and I hope to get rid of a lot of stuff there.  Many of the books I'm just giving away!   I needed more room for all these high school science books I am accumulating at a rapid rate!  And I'm ready to give away a lot of curriculum for younger kids.  Let's face it--if I haven't used it by now, it is highly unlikely I'm going to start something new and extra now!  Still, it can be just a bit discouraging to realize exactly how much curriculum I need to keep since I still have so many kids left to educate.
We used to have 2 small desks here under these windows.  The other one was a really cute one that Bob used growing up when his older sisters zRose and Jane would do school with him.  I ended up moving it downstairs in the basement, because people don't use the desk in here anymore.  : (  The end of an era!  So now it will be a cute bedside table for the little bed in one of the spare rooms downstairs.  I moved the filing cabinet upstairs from the basement, and put it under those cubes ("Yaffa Blocks", Amy!), which is where that plastic thing used to be.  The bottom drawer of the platic thing is a filing drawer, but it is nowhere near big enough!  And let's just be honest here--I was not going down into the basement *ever* to file things.  Which is partly why the study was so messy and cluttered in the first place!  Now hopefully I'll be more organized.  At least I will have less of an excuse, LOL.

Now--on to the next messy area.  The dreaded "kitchen desk and counter beside the refrigerator". . .  Yeah, things have been piling up there for quite a while . . .

No comments: