Thursday, September 10, 2015

A Brief Pause

 Last weekend we were able to get away.  We got up early and drove to PA, first to see Bob's parents.  We were able to spend a few hours with them, as well as Bob's sister Jane.  Jane and Bob's brother Paul have been doing yeoman's work in taking care of Bob's parents, and we are really thankful for their hard work.  Not many people can say that their 90 and almost 89 year old parents are still living alone, in a house with one bathroom only, which is on the second floor!  It's because of all Bob's siblings that his parents are still able to do this.  


 Next it was on to White Sulphur Springs, one of my favorite places on earth.  I so needed to the peace and refreshment from a weekend here!
 We were there with my parents Bible study/chapel group.  The fellowship was wonderful, as always--we always thoroughly enjoy seeing old friends--and the speaker, Lt. Gen. Loren Reno, was excellent and practical.  The weather was perfect, so we got to enjoy all sorts of other activities, like horseback riding, ultimate frisbee, a lovely walk for Bob and me, and rock wall climbing.
 Micah was a little monkey!  He almost got to the top of this wall a few times, but he just got scared about being high up, LOL.
 The weekend exhausted poor Verity.  I think she is still making up for it here at home!
 The girls ran around with their 3 little friends who were also there last year.  They had so much fun together!  It was a real miracle that one of the girls was able to be there this year (they were supposed to be PCSing, but then they couldn't go to their next duty station yet, even though all their stuff is en route, so they came to WSS!), so that made it all even more special.  There were some other kids there too, and everyone played so well together.
 No family picture on the wagon this year!  Maybe we can photoshop Verity into last year's one, LOL.  I'm not even sure why Faith is not in this one!
All too soon it was time to say goodbye and head back home, since all our co-ops started the next day.  I spent a good deal of my free time working on those pesky Latin practice worksheets.  I'm through chapter 10--only 14 more to go . . .  I also was able to finish the last of the books I recommended for AP biology--Inheritance, by Sharon Moalem.  It took me longer to get into it, compared to his first one, Survival of the Sickest, but I did enjoy it.  I think the genetic side of biology is so fascinating!  So it was a lovely weekend, not long enough, but all too soon it was back to real life.

No comments: