Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Diving Back In

We finished up our second Tuesday of co-op classes for the year today.  Only 30 more to go!  It's no secret that I was so tired and burned out this summer.  Even contemplating the huge AP bio book was overwhelming.  The last time I taught it was such a hard year--Drew was born, the test had just been redesigned, and it was just so much work trying to get even a small handle on what needed to be taught.

Actually, what year hasn't been hard since we started back in 2010?  In the past 5 years I've had 3 babies, taught 6 new classes, gotten Nathan off to college . . . no wonder I've just been feeling so fried!

Christine, Michele, and I have been faithful about praying for Rivendell during our lunchtime, and the Lord has been so faithful to answer our prayers.  This year he sent in the cavalry--3 new families!  Karen is teaching the junior high science, which has taken a huge load off my plate, as I now only have to teach the high school.  Emily is teaching high school literature, and Kelly is teaching junior high lit.  Karen's mom is teaching junior high lit, so we really got a great deal there!  Having all this extra help has meant Christine was free to teach algebra, which our second wave of kids really needed, since they have not been the motivated self-taught learners our older boys were.  What a huge blessing these new families are.  I really can't say that enough!  We are so thankful for them!  Having some fresh new enthusiastic moms has been a real encouragement especially for Christine and me, who were just so tired.

This year is still not going to be easy, although I keep telling myself, at least I'm not having a baby!  But I'm beginning to think we might actually get through it, so that's positive.  And once my Latin class is over, I'm not planning on teaching that again for a few more years, so that will be a nice break.  Maybe next year I'll only teach one class!  Now THAT is something to look forward to!

No comments: