Saturday, November 12, 2005

Introductions

It has been brought to my attention that I have been remiss in making some introductions! Some of you clever readers have been wondering if in fact the "Pam" who has been commenting recently is our former next-door neighbor from Colorado Springs. Well, yes, she is, so you all win Sherlock Holmes prizes! For those of you who don't know Pam, or never even knew or cared that we lived in Colorado, then let me fill you in. We moved to Colorado Springs 2 years after we got married and right after I graduated from Cedarville. Bob worked in Cheyenne Mountain, and we bought our first house together. It was a new house in a little development in south Colorado Springs, not too far from Peterson AFB. Bill and Pam were already moved in when our hosue was done, but they wasted no time in being neighborly. Pam is a great hostess, so we had Halloween parties, St. Patrick Day parties, Cinco de Mayo parties--you get the picture! Pam is a nurse, although you will see by reading her blog that she has recently changed jobs to more of a management/development position. Pam also sells Shaklee vitamins, and she has done just about everything I have always wished I could do--learned calligraphy, cake-decorating, Irish dancing, etc. In fact, she and Bill took a big trip to Ireland this summer for their vacation, something that has always been a big dream of mine! Although we moved out of our house 6 years ago, we have still remained in contact. She's always been a good writer, so I'm sure her blog will be filled with interesting observations and commentaries on life!

Another new blog you might want to check out is that of my friend Beverly. She is also an Air Force wife and homeschooling mother, and they just moved to Nevada this summer. We met them when we first started going to Faircreek back in Ohio in September 2001. I was only a few weeks from having Caleb, and Beverly was pretty newly pregnant with their second child. Now she and Ted have Charis, who is 5, Tobin, who is 3 1/2, and Arden, who is 2. They followed us here to D.C for a year while Ted was going to a school, but they lived in Maryland, so we didn't get to see each other much. Beverly and the kids did make it over in July before they moved, and we got to talk homeschooling and curricula for several hours! We have similar homeschooling and character goals in general in common, so if you read her blog, you can see what I was doing a few years ago!

I don't really think of myself as someone who convinces people to do new things, so I am amazed that here are two people whom I have directly influenced to start blogging! Wow! Who will be next? LOL!

4 comments:

witw said...

So if you influenced these people to start blogging, and I was the first in our family to have a blog, does that make me their grandblogger?

Beverly said...

Wow--I feel flattered that I got a mention on your blog! You were simply my inspiration for blogging, not someone who tried to convince me to do it! I think that's just one of your wonderful, God-given gifts...you share what you are passionate about, and if it's something God wants the other person to get involved in, you may just be that nudge of encouragement that gets them going!

Pilot Mom said...

Most definitly, Dan!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you Claire, that was so thoughtful of you! You are doing the things I wanted to do...have a gaggle of kids. Six to be exact! I can't think of a better mom than you, other than my own of course. You know how much you've influenced my life and hopefully, by giving away "Babywise" I have influenced a bunch more folks and by association, so have you! You are more powerful than you know. So interesting to read your brother's blog...men do think so differently than women, it's really quite refreshing. And your Aunt Claire, whom I have heard so much about is very sweet and so talented with her blog. I have much to learn. Like how do your brother and aunt get that cool picture up in their profile? Anyway, thanks again!