Thursday, November 03, 2005

Ultrasound

We had our ultrasound today, and everything looked just fine and healthy. I love seeing the baby move around in there--it makes it all so real! I had a real shock though--it looks like this baby is a girl. I didn't really believe the doctor, but she was pretty sure. I said something like, "Hmmm . . . . well, . . . that will be different." I'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole concept. A girl? What on earth will I do with a girl?! I can't even do my own hair! And I can't stand girls' fashions now! And I have run into a lot of really bratty, whiny, emotionally manipulative little girls lately, so I had actually been feeling a lot of relief that we "don't do girls". Also, I sort of LIKE being the "queen bee" with no competition around here! Hmmm. A real paradigm shift. The boys were pretty blase about it all, not showing much excitement or disappointment. But we were over at the L's house, so they weren't really that interested either--just let us get back to our playing, Mom! So now I must prepare myself for all the strangers' comments in stores about how we must be so thrilled that we FINALLY got that girl we were trying for. Umm, no. Not at all. I would have been thrilled to have another boy! And we were trying to have another BABY, not a girl. I'm sure I'll be more excited later on, but right now I'm still processing it all. Wow--a girl. Hmmm.

2 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

What will you DO? Why, you'll love this little girl and you'll guide and direct her so she won't be one of those whiney manipulative girls out there! :) I mean after all...her gene pool is pretty outstanding, if I must say so myself!! LOL! ;) A little girl! Cinderella and her coach may just have to come out of retirement!

Beverly said...

Congratulations! There are those of us who are a little bit afraid to have more children for fear they might be BOYS! LOL! Charis is such a joy that I can't imagine NOT having a girl in our family. I second Pilot Mom's comment--you'll train her the right way, and she will grow to be a delight and blessing to all around her.

I've enjoyed catching up with you...it's been awhile (before your OH trip) since I've been able to visit your blog. Hope you're feeling well these days and getting excited about the new adventure God is calling you to!