Thursday, December 07, 2006

In the Christmas Spirit . . .

I thought you all might like to see our new tree in all its glory. SO much nicer that our old one!! We decorated right after Thanksgiving, but I never got around to decorating anywhere else--up the bannister, in the kitchen, etc. I left the rest of my boxes upstairs behind the couch, ready for when I got motivated. Well, I have finally admitted to myself that isn't going to happen this year! I don't want to put anything else up, and I don't want to take anything else down! Call me Scrooge, LOL. So now I am taking my boxes back downstairs.

I thought Anna might be really tempted by the tree, but so far she has pretty much ignored it. What she DOES go for is the wooden "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" that sits on our hearth. My grandma and grandpa gave that to us many years ago, and it is so cute. Anna thinks so too and can hardly keep her hands off it. She also had some troubles keeping away from presents at Bible study over at the L's house. You will notice a conspicuous lack of any sort of presents under our tree. I figure why fight the battle right now? That can wait, at least until I have Christmas letters out, etc.!

Tonight, as soon as Bob came home, I left to brave the mall sans kids. Wow, I am so not a shopper. The mall looked very festive though, I must admit. Anyhow, I am happy to say that I think I am all done with my shopping. Yay! Now to wrap everything. I need to get packages boxed up to send out, and we are going up to visit Bob's family this weekend, so we need to get those all wrapped up too. Busy night! Bob's going to help wrap while watching the Steelers game.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Such pretty tree Claire.

I hate the mall too. Bill made me go with him to buy sneakers last week. Aaarrgghh. I don't know why. Just gives me the shudders.

♥Pam

witw said...

With the baby coming soon. I did not decorate at all. I put up a wreath on the front door. I have enough energy to work 12 hour days and that is about it. Hopefully, I will be off at 38 weeks. Melinda

mattkimuber said...

I am with you on not pulling out all the decorations this year. We do not own an artificial tree and always cut one. This year we opted out of putting one up at our house and will join the family in PA when they cut one down. Sounds awful but with being so busy I couldn't bare having to put it all up, be gone, only to come home and undo it all.

Pilot Mom said...

Beautiful tree! :)