Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Pumpkin Muffin Recipe

It doesn't feel much like Fall right now, with temperatures in the upper 80s. But whenever Fall-like temperatures should arrive, this is a good recipe with which to celebrate. I made these muffins to take to the shower. I got the recipe from the Well-Trained Mind board, but I'm not sure exactly who posted it (Hillary in KS maybe?). They are the best pumpkin muffins I've had.

Pumpkin Muffins

4 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups (1 15 ounce can) pumpkin
3/4 cup melted butter
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon.

Mix eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and melted butter together. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add to batter. Bake 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. Makes 24 muffins.

(The recipe actually calls for 2 cups sugar, but the poster said she just used 1 1/2 cups, and that is what I did too. It tasted fine. Also, I used half whole wheat flour, and the texture was still pretty good, I thought.)

2 comments:

Johanna said...

I am glad you posted this. I was going to write to you and ask if you could give it to me. YEAH! We ate all the ones you left with us by breakfast the next morning, and the boys were complaining that there weren't anymore.

H said...

Hi Claire! I'm glad you liked the muffins!

We made the first batch (a double batch, at that) and they were gone by lunchtime. 24 muffins. Eaten by 4 people. 3 of those people were under twelve. I think I ate 10 of them by myself!