Friday, September 14, 2007

Starting the day off right. . .

Luke (at breakfast, reading the trivia questions on the backs of oatmeal packets): "Who wrote the holiday classic 'White Christmas' in 1942?"

Me: Irving Berlin

Luke: Right. Hmmm . . ."What does one use a metronome for?"

Me: To keep time for music

Luke: Yes . . . "What did NBC start calling their Thursday night lineup in 1993?"

Me: Must See TV!

Luke: MAN, Mom! You know everything!! How do you know so much stuff?!

LOL!!! (Modestly) Well, yes, what can I say . . . Of course, here in our house I am quickly taken down to size, LOL. Anna has a new word . . . "belly button". I bet you can't guess whose belly button is so fascinating that she has learned a new word? Yes . . . it's mine! I will just say that after having 6 children, my belly button is not one of my body parts of which I am most proud or is the most attractive. And when it is being scrutinized, other little people who know more words can ask other questions, like "Why is your tummy still so big but there's no baby in there?" And "Why is your tummy so squishy?" Maybe Anna's next word will be "stretch mark". Bring on the trivia, LOL.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

*Chuckle* Thanks for the laugh this evening! Just remember...stretch marks = badge of motherhood. ;-)

Johanna said...

Zeke told me the other day that I needed to start working out more because I had blubber on my legs. Wasn't that nice.