Monday, November 17, 2008

Pregnancy Update

I'm 29 weeks along today, and I have another appointment. It's been 6 weeks since my last one, and let me tell you, I am loving this hands-off, come-every-6-weeks approach Bethesda has! I know I'll have to start coming more frequently, but it's been very nice to only have a few appointments so far.

I'm feeling pretty good, I guess. I am feeling big and unwieldy already, and I already have started having a lot of pressure on my pubic bone, which is achy. But other than that I feel fine. I'm not really motivated to do anything though.

Today I also have my 1 hour glucose tolerance test, and I am not looking forward to that. I failed my one with Grace, and I have certainly not been eating better or exercising more this time around than with her. I can't wrap my mind around how I would even get to Bethesda for a 3 hour test--leave at 6:00 so I could be there around 8:00?! I don't think I want to be driving the Beltway rush hour having not eaten! So I am praying that God, in His great mercy, would allow me to pass and not have to go back for the 3 hour test.

I'll take this test today after my appointment, which is at 11:15. This will be the first time that I haven't fasted before the 1 hour test, so we'll see if that makes a difference. I have read that people say it shouldn't matter (and that's what the doctor said last time), but I have also heard other people say that fasting is better. So that's not good. At least I'll have a nice quiet hour of reading.

**Update** The appointment went well, and I did indeed fail the one hour test. Sigh. I can't say I'm surprised, though. Tomorrow I will call to schedule when I do the 3 hour one. I'm hoping for Monday, personally. The bad news is that I will have to be at the lab at 7:30. Gulp.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you pass the one hour!! Sounds like the three hour will be a pain.
Not much longer until baby # 7 is here.

Michele said...

Oh so sorry to hear that. I had to do that twice . . .
I've been going through my girl clothes. Since we were in FL when Julia was born, the clothes are mostly warm weather -- but I do have quite a few. I've got to look at the bigger girl stuff too. I have a winter hat and winter boots size 8 -- pink. Think you could use those?

Bob and Claire said...

Sure, especially the boots! I figure I'm not going to go out and buy boots each year for Anna when I have perfectly good (dark blue) boots from the boys in every imaginable size--but I know she would LOVE to have pink boots rather than boring blue ones!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish I had read this earlier, before your test. I've read that eating a nice, high protein meal (scambled eggs w/ cheese and milk) for breakfast before you have your test helps you pass. Don't know if it works or not, but I've followed the Bradley diet with both of mine (high protein and veggies) and never had to repeat test. That's all correlation, not causation, however, so my personal experience probably won't help you. :)

Also, on the decluttering, it is a very unrewarding task! The satisfaction is found in knowing that you did it, but I feel as though I have to tell Jesse in detail what I did declutter so he can know that I made progress even though it doesn't look it.