Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Few More Thoughts

I am so tired. Just weary. Yesterday we went to the church for a few hours to set up, and I stayed up late getting together last-minute details. Also, I cooked yesterday. I baked all that chicken, plus a pan of apple pie squares. (I baked another pan Sunday afternoon). The apple pie squares turned out really well! I'm never baking a regular apple pie again! These made so many with so much less work! One of the other moms, who has 8 children, asked me for the recipe, as she was thinking about Thanksgiving coming up.

At the feast, the other moms and I were laughing at how I always seem to get stuck in the "dress-up" units while I am quite noticably pregnant! When I was pregnant with Grace, I was part of the ancient Greek unit, where we all had to dress up for our 5th week Greek Olympics in Greek chitons. The maternity chiton was a questionable fashion choice! This time I did not have any appropriate medieval maternity dress either, if you can imagine! Oh well. Of course, last year, when I was NOT pregnant, I taught the reptile unit--no dressing up there!

The boys went over to the McC's house with 2 other boys from co-op after it was all over. They played Star Wars Risk for several hours, which means they disappeared into the basement and no one heard from them. This meant Christine could take a nap too! As soon as I got home, I uploaded the pictures from my camera, posted on my blog, put the girls down, and then I took a nap myself. My feet hurt so badly!

The nicest thing was that someone from our church brought us dinner tonight. She did it last week too, when I was teaching! That was just the absolute nicest thing that could have been done today--what a blessing! I love our church!

The final thing I was thinking is that I just want you to know that I am not a "fun mom". This is the great things about our co-op. Since it's not academic, but rather filled with 5-week-long unit studies, this is where the boys get all their messy stuff done. And I only have to be involved with one unit a year! If it were simply up to me here at home, we would never do messy stuff. It's a hassle, and I don't like to clean up, LOL. I am not crafty. So co-op leaves us the other 4 days of the week to focus on our academic stuff--the stuff I like, like Latin and math, which is all cut and dried and not messy, LOL. It's worked out well for us. I can't believe this is our fifth year with this co-op!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Post the apple square recipe! Thanks

Pilot Mom said...

Yes, post the recipe!! :)

Johanna said...

Why haven't you posted the recipe yet?