Friday, January 30, 2009

Another OB Appointment

I had another appointment this afternoon, at 38 weeks and 3 days. The doctor did check my cervix--I am all of 1 cm dilated (a "loose 1" however, LOL), but my cervix is still long and not really effaced, so nothing much is happening there. Sigh. I go back again next Thursday, and we'll see if any progress has been made.

The good news is that the doctor was so pleased with how well my glucose numbers have been, that I only need to prick my finger to check them twice a day! Yay! I really wasn't expecting this because last night Bob and I went out to Cheesecake Factory on a date, while my parents took the kids to Family Night at Chick-Fil-A. I had a Chinese Chicken Salad, which was delicious, but I knew I shouldn't have eaten the whole thing, even with taking off as many of the puffy rice noodles as I could! The bigger issue was the piece of Godiva chocolate cheesecake that Bob and I split. Yummmmmmm. It was so good! I must say I thoroughly enjoyed every bite, even though I knew it would wreak havoc on my numbers! When we got home, I hopped on the treadmill for a good 45 minutes. When I tested my blood after 2 hours, it was 150! I can't imagine what it would have been if I hadn't done all that walking! But the doctor said I was entitled to splurge every once in awhile, and she wasn't worried about it at all! Whew!

So we'll see what the next few days bring. I can tell the baby is still pretty high by how much she is able to move around, and by how much pressure I have on my pubic bone, as opposed to feeling the pressure in my pelvis itself. Hopefully she'll get the picture and start making moves toward coming out. We are all eager for that to happen--especially me!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great news about your blood sugar levels you have worked so hard to keep them down.

Johanna said...

Still praying for you to go into labor on your own.

Dy said...

Your OB sounds pretty good. I'm glad you're holding up so well. And a date night sounds fabulous! yay for you guys for going for it!