Thursday, January 22, 2009

Nesting Update

I'm still trying to get stuff done, and I'm pleased to say that I have made some progress! We're jsut about done with appointments, other than my OB ones (next one is tomorrow afternoon). Luke had an orthodontist appointment yesterday, where we got the good news that he'll get his expander taken off Feb. 18! Of course, he'll be getting a retainer, which may be a lot more of a hassle . . .

This morning we went to Kiddie Kandids and had pictures taken of all the kids. I had pictures taken of Anna and Grace almost a year ago, but the last time I did all the kids was when we were in Colorado for Nana's funeral, and I was pregnant with Grace. For some hormonal reason, getting this done before the baby comes was very important to me. The pictures turned out fairly well--it's so hard to get 6 kids all smiling and looking good at the same time--but I was happy overall. Then we went to Ci-Ci's for lunch. I was really nervous about this, since I've had pizza before, and it's given me troubles with my glucose numbers. This time I exercised 35 minutes this morning before we left, and then as soon as we got back, I hopped on the treadmill for 40 more minutes. The result (after salad, 2 slices of pepperoni pizza, 2 brownies, and a bite of Grace's cinnamon roll): 107 for my reading! Yay!

I spent yesterday afternoon working upstairs. I got our closet cleaned out so we can put the pack-n-play in there, and I got all the laundry together so I can do a load of newborn stuff. I also got the car seat down from on top of the garage fridge--that definitely needs to be washed!

On Tuesday I went to Babies R Us and bought one new thing for this baby--a "SwaddleMe" baby blanket. It seems like a good idea, and hey, it doesn't seem too extravagant to spend $10 on a new baby, LOL. There's really nothing else we need. Johanna gave us their swing, which is super-duper nice--that was about the only thing I had thought of. As a side note, Anna is so excited for when the baby comes, and she tells anyone who asks that "When the new baby comes, we'll put her in the swing!" I hope the swing lives up to her expectations, LOL!

I have thought of one other thing I'd like, and that is a new glider/rocking chair. The one we have we got before Nathan was born, and it frankly wasn't the top of the line 11 years ago either. Now, after 6 babies and 3 moves, it is on its last legs. You sort of have to sit in it with your legs braced a certain way or else it doesn't glide smoothly and is really squeaky. New ones are ridiculously expensive, so we've been looking on craigslist, but nothing perfect has come up. We'll keep on looking.

So I'm coming right along on my list of things to get done. Tonight I'm taking a break from new baby stuff, and I'm scrapbooking! I guess I need to organize some photos so I actually get something done!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Sounds like your keeping super busy! Praying for some rest sometime in the next few weeks and a safe and quick delivery! :)

Johanna said...

I had one of those swaddle blankets and it worked great. Olivia was a lot like Russell and loved to be swaddled when she slept.

Johanna said...

BTW -- you don't need a stand up play center do you? I couldn't remember if you had one or even used one, but if you don't need one we are taking it to good will so let me know.