Saturday, February 07, 2009

Still Here . . .

Well, no birthday baby for me. Oh well! That would have been fun though--I share my birthday with my uncle, my mom's brother. So if I had delivered today, that would have meant that my grandma and my mom also would have also delivered on the same day! But it was not meant to be . . . I have continued to have bloody show all day today, and I'm pretty dure I lost my mucous plug this morning, but I jsut haven't had any sort of regular contractions. Or really too many contractions at all, to be honest. My plan is to take the castor oil tomorrow afternoon after church.

I did have a wonderful birthday, though. I went out to lunch with a group of 4 other ladies. We had been in a Bible study together for 2 years, but we stopped meeting last summer and just never started up again. I have really missed them, so I was so thrilled when one of them sent us all an email this last week suggesting a get-together! We spent almost 3 hours at a local restaurant catching up over lunch! It was so fun!

After the afternoon basketball games for Nathan and Luke, Bob grilled some absolutely delicious steaks, and we had a real feast. We also had baked potatoes, green beans with almonds, and spinach strawberry salad. You can't get a yummy meal like that for 10 in a restaurant for any reasonable price! Plus, he had stopped at Sams and bought some mini cheesecakes and a caramel apple pie for dessert! Yum! After walking on the treadmill for 40 minutes, my blood glucose number was 130, which isn't too darn bad considering the big meal and the cheesecake!

Now we're watching the Ben Carson movie Gifted Hands on TNT. I've always admired Ben Carson, and he has such a great, inspiring story.

So even without having a baby, this has been a wonderful birthday! But now I am really ready to go into labor . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful birthday...don't fret, the baby will be here soon!

Beverly said...

Here's one birthday wish that came true! I'm so excited to hear the news and can't wait to see pictures and read about the birth story when you get a chance to post. PRAISE THE LORD that you didn't have to be induced!! Enjoy your new little blessing and try to get some rest, Mama!!