Friday, April 17, 2009

It's a Small World After All . . .

I have really been enjoying Facebook. It's been so fun to reconnect with old friends and see what people are up to at a glance. I have a few different groups of friends--high school/college friends, White Sulphur Springs friends from back when I was on staff, people we've been assigned with other places, and people from around here that are in our church or homeschool group.

One group I have especially enjoyed being back in contact with is people from White Sulphur Springs. I used to work there on the support staff in the summers during high school, and those were some of the funnest times of my life! I also felt like I really grew spiritually those summers, and that was in part due to the great people who surrounded me. I can not wait for my kids to be able to be on staff there!

All that is an introduction, however. I became FB friends with Anne, who was on staff with me there. In fact, she was my girl's staff supervisor one year, and she was tons of fun, with such a gentle spirit. Well, it turns out that she is married to someone from Dayton Christian, who graduated a year ahead of me, and who in fact I had some science classes with!! Isn't that absolutely amazing?! So I knew both Anne and David during high school, years before they met in D.C. and married! I'm still shaking my head over it!

1 comment:

annechamb said...

Hi Claire! Amen to that! I happen to consider myself so very blessed to know both you AND my husband -- two great advertisements for Dayton Christian Schools! Thank you for sharing about your family and life...and thank you for the work you are doing now to benefit ALL of us with a godly next generation. You are a lovely example. And for those of you who didn't know Claire in high school...she was just as you would expect: earnest, bright, hard working, and good-humored! Love, Anne