Monday, April 20, 2009

Twelve Searching Questions

Our pastor had this printed in our bulletin yesterday. These questions were very convicting, and I have found myself thinking about them throughout the day today, especially #10!

Twelve Searching Questions

1. Did I awake spiritual, and was I watchful in keeping my mind from wandering this morning when I was rising?

2. Have I this day gotten nearer to God in times of prayer, or have I given way to a lazy, idle spirit?

3. Has my faith been weakened by unwatchfulness, or quickened by diligence this day?

4. Have I this day walked by faith and eyed God in all things?

5. Have I denied myself in all unkind words and thoughts; have I delighted in seeing others preferred before me?

6. Have I made the most of my precious time, as far as I had light, strength, and opportunity?

7. Have I kept the issues of my heart in the means of grace, so as to profit by them?

8. What have I done this day for the souls and bodies of God's dear saints?

9. Have I laid out anything to please myself when I might have saved the money for the cause of God?

10. Have I governed well my tongue this day, remembering that in a multitude of words there wanteth not sin?

11. In how many instances have I denied myself this day?

12. Do my life and conversation adorn the gospel of Jesus Christ?

--by Richard Alderson

4 comments:

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Wow...yes, convicting...very much so.
Thank you for posting it. I am going to make a copy and put it on my desk.

God bless you!
Veronica in CA

Beverly said...

This is great...I'm wondering, though, before I print it out, if there is a #4?!

Bob and Claire said...

LOL, yes, as a matter of afct, there is! I must have been so tired when I was typing, to skip over it and then never even notice! I'm correcting that now . . .

Pilot Mom said...

Fabulous Claire! Thank you so much for posting this! "ouch"

I'm printing it out too!