Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bad Week For Fingers

So I just finished soaking my middle finger and thumb in salt water for about 30 minutes. Earlier this past week I reached into the dishwasher to stick one more piece of silverware into the basket, and a fork stabbed me under my fingernail! I couldn't believe the flatware was defending the dishwasher, LOL. And then a few days later I was cleaning a big pot that I had used to boil pasta, and a stubborn piece of bowtie pasta poked under my thumbnail!

Starting Thursday, my poor middle finger has been hurting so badly! I can hardly have anything touch it! The whole situation is definitely bringing back bad memories of my staph-infected middle finger back in March 2008. My thumb hurts as well, but I don't seem to use the tip of that as much, so it's not as bothersome. I keep telling myself, "This is surely the worst day . . ." but it's not getting better. So I thought I'd better start soaking it to make sure nothing bad happens. Bob is going TDY this week . . . the similarities are scary, LOL. At least I know to ask for the ER doc for anesthetic if anything has to be lanced--I learned that lesson, LOL. And I'm a lot more careful when sticking things into the dishwasher now as well!

No comments: