Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Anna's Bad Day



Hey, Blogger let me post a picture! Quick, I'd better try some more, especially since this is not one of our better shots!

Amazingly, being able to post a picture is one of the better things that has happened this day. Anna has had a rough day. Well, actually I should say that I have had a rough day with Anna. It started out just fine, with her waking up at 7:45 and nursing fine. And all was well this morning, and she nursed again at 10:30. Something happened between 10:30 and 1:30, when she got up to nurse again, and she is no longer remotely interested in nursing. Nada. She won't even put my nipple in her mouth. I finally gave up around 2:00 and gave her a bottle (with frozen breast milk) because we were trying to get out the door to Sam's. I figured at 4:30, she'd be fine, since now I was really full of milk, but she wouldn't suck for more than about 1 second. Grrr. I checked for thrush but don't see anything suspictious, and I don't think she has an ear infection, because she is perfectly fine except when I try to put my nipple in her mouth. Then she starts crying a mad, loud cry! Eventually I get tired of her wailing away in my lap, so I put her down on the floor. She stops crying, looks around, and starts playing with whatever toys are nearby. It's me!!! Seriously, I am so frustrated with her. I imagine it is teething, but I gave her tylenol around 5:00, so you would think that would have kicked in by now.

I should explain how all this relates to the picture. After the failed 4:30 nursing attempt, I decided to try rice cereal with her, since I was planning on starting solid food soon anyways. She was fine with that, and happily ate it. Still not interested in nursing afterward, however. Bob is giving her a bottle now before bed, after an hour of on-again-off-again attempted nursing (with no success).

I have never had this problem with any of the boys, so I am not sure what to make of it. I guess I will try to make an appointment tomorrow to make sure there is nothing wrong. What fun!! I am not ready to stop nursing, especially with potential allergy problems, and since I haven't been pumping regularily for awhile, I can no longer pump more than 3-4 ounces at a time. I suppose I could build that back up again, but good grief. Like I have all sorts of extra time to be pumping AND giving bottles. Grrrrrrrrrrr. Anna is definitely NOT on my good side tonight. Good thing she's cute. (To be honest, she doesn't even look that cute in the picture. I need to find a better one!)

3 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

Well, AC thinks she's cute in this pic!!

Bob and Claire said...

LOL, I'm sure my bad day with her has totally prejudiced me! : )

Unknown said...

Well you couldn't deny she belong in your family with that face!!
♥Pam