Saturday, September 16, 2006

Now that I've come down off the ceiling . . .

I think I am becoming a little more adjusted to the idea of having another baby so soon, at least in the theoretical sense. Everyone else in the house is thrilled (well, everyone who can express thoughts, LOL).

Caleb: "Now Anna will be a big sister! Except . . . she's not big. So she'll be a little big sister."

Nathan's thoughts immediately turned to his schoolwork.

Nathan: "Another baby?! Luke, the last time this happened, we didn't have school for a WEEK!"

Me: "A week?! It was more like a month!"

Nathan (dancing happily around): "Even better!!"

The new baby's gender has also been a source of conjecture, but some people are confident they know what it is.

Luke: "I'm pretty much expecting this baby to be a girl, because, well, we already have 4 boys, so we need to stock up more on girls." I guess he had already placed his order, LOL, so all we need to do now is pick it up.

Anna is happily unaware that her world will be rocked in a few short months. She started pushing up on all fours and rocking today, so I'm confident that she will be very mobile soon, probably just right around the time that I feel pregnant enough to not want to chase her around, LOL.

As for me, I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast today, officially stopping my no-dairy diet. I've had some cheese lately on lasagna and such, and Anna has actually done just fine with it--no spitting up, eczema breakouts or anything--so I'm hoping she's worked through all that now. I just feel like I need more than muffins for breakfast right now. I'll eat the muffins for snacks. I'm also increasing my protein intake in other areas. When we went to Sams yesterday, I bought a big thing of roasted almonds to snack on, as well as a ton of eggs so I can hard-boil some. I think I need lots of protein, with nursing and being pregnant.

In a fit of prescient procrastination, I never got around to putting the box of maternity clothes back in the basement, so they are still conveniently located in my closet for whenever I will start needing them (soon, I am sure). I was a bit hasty in giving Amy hers back when we were home in July, however! I'm so glad that I lost all the pregnancy weight from Anna, although my tummy never shrank down to my satisfaction. And that won't be happening for awhile now either! The pregnancy does answer the question of why my weight loss had plateaued right at my prepregnancy weight, as well as why my tummy had actually started to look a bit bigger over the past 2 weeks or so. I was getting pretty discouraged!

So my plan right now is to just keep on keeping on with a normal routine and everything. We'll see how that all pans out . . .

4 comments:

Beverly said...

Congratulations, Claire! I too had to come down off the ceiling after reading your last post! :-) But I'm excited for you. I know that feeling of, "Oh, boy, here we go again, and so soon?!" But it disappears so quickly and the excitement sets in. I pray you will have strength and patience (with yourself as well as the children!) and that you can get your rest. I was so unbelievably tired the first trimester this time around...maybe getting older is part of it, but I just can't imagine doing it again while nursing, which is what I did with the other 2 who came so soon after Charis.

Anyway. I'm happy for you guys and will keep you in my prayers!

Unknown said...

The boys comments made me laugh.
♥Pam

Anonymous said...

Wow, Claire! Congratulations! How crazy and exciting all at once. I know that feeling, WELL, I might add. Micah and Sophie were fifteen months apart. You know, I'd never realized before your recent comment that this Claire commenting on my blog was YOU! I'm adding you to my favorites of course, now so I'll be a frequent visitor! I'm hoping we'll CATCH UP TO YOU, now! We'd love a number six.

Dy said...

Oh, big brothers are just the sweetest, aren't they? James tells people we need two more girls. And Anna is going to be an excellent Little Big Sister, I just know it.

Can you eat peanuts? Peanut Butter on muffins is a great way to slip a little protein into your snacks.

Keep living intentionally, one decision at a time, and you'll do fine. God has great plans for this family!

Dy