Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Proverbs 19:25

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Prov. 19:25

I think this is my theme verse for this year. We have settled into a routine that is working fairly well for all of us, but it certainly isn't the routine that I had in mind for this year! I have been nursing Anna the first 2 feedings of the day, and she gets rice cereal after the second one. Then for the third feeding, she gets a bottle of soy formula and her vegetables, and then I nurse her again for the fourth one, and give her more cereal. Then she gets one more bottle before bed. This plan is making her a lot happier, and she is back to waking up at 8:00 in the morning and having good naps. Poor girl--she just wasn't getting enough for a few weeks there. We'll see how long my dwindling milk supply will last with only 3 feedings a day. I don't think very long, but that's okay. The boys all love giving Anna her bottle.

I have actually not felt as tired with this pregnancy as I was with Anna. My theory is that I just am used to being tired, LOL, so a little more tiredness is not such a big shock to the system. That, and God is merciful and won't give us more than we can handle. Anyhow, we have been able to continue on with our normal school routine in the morning. The afternoons are pretty much shot, however, as I am quite tired then and must nap. So no errands are being run or "fun" afternoon subjects being done (like history and science). This is deja vu, because that also happened last year, and that's why we didn't finish Story of the World 3 then. Maybe we'll being doing it for a third year! But all is not lost--I get alot of the books on the reading lists in the activity guide out of the library, and the older boys like to read them on their own. The necessary things are getting done, and I see progress being made, even if we're not getting in all I had originally thought we would.

People have been asking how I'm doing with the pregnancy, as in, "Are you accepting it", and really I am fine with that. Clearly, this baby was put there by the Lord. My neighbor told me that not being fertile while nursing was the oldest wives' tale in the book, but you know, for me it wasn't. I have never been fertile until I wean, which is always around 9 months to a year. I can appreciate that this is not the case for some people, but for me, I have 4 other data points, which are more than most people for this sort of thing! So I have to say that this baby is the Lord's timing, and I'm okay with that.

My problems are more in the area of my plans not working out. I already HAD the year of not getting anything done in the afternoon--that was last year, and I wasn't planning on it being this year too! And not just school projects either. I would love to do more scrapbooking, even just keeping up with my little books for each boy. I have lots of organization projects I would like to tackle. I wanted to finish stripping and staining a dresser that is in our garage, where it has been since we moved into this house in July of 2004! I would like to be able to keep the house "clean", not just "habitable", which is all I have energy for right now (actually, what gets done, the boys are doing right now). But currently I nap all afternoon, do dinner, than have no energy for anything more strenuous than reading, being on the computer, or playing with Anna. That is what I am having a hard time accepting.

Also, I have sailed through 5 pregnancies with just a few twinges of nauseousness. This one, however, has hit me a lot harder, and I've been much more queasy. This, combined with my afternoon fatigue, has made fixing dinner a challenge! Yesterday I made white chili in the crockpot, and I spent the day being absolutely repulsed by the smell (although it did taste really good to me when I actually ate it, LOL). Today I forced myself up from my nap at 4:30 to make pork tenderloin--no smell issues, but boy, was it hard to get moving! So I'm still not sure of the best plan, especially when nothing sounds appetizing at all!

In summary, I'm giving over my plans for the year to the Lord, putting them off for another year at least, and that's been the hardest thing for me to deal with so far. But I am resting in the promise of Jeremiah 29:11.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, at the risk of offering a gift with strings....I will anyway.

I have a box of vitamins just hanging out here. Would you like me to send it to you?
Multi, B complex, E and C?
My gift to you to see if it helps with your energy.
String...oh, if you don't want them, you need to say no thanks, if you try them and you don't want them, you will pass them on to Bob or someone else to try (I really don't want to waste them..that's the string)
But I want to make you feel better and that's all can do is offer so there it is.
What say you?
♥Pam

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are adjusting and giving yourself the rest your body is demanding. I well know that feeling! The first trimester always makes me feel like I'm in a fog. And one day the fog lifts and I'm in the sweet middle. Unfortunately I've had to endure 7 first trimesters. One of the added feelings of loss with my 2 last miscarriages was that, "I went through the worst part for nothing? And If I have another baby I don't get credit for having already taken this class?" Hang in there, friend!