Friday, October 05, 2007

Anna, Stinker

This is Anna. She's 18 months. A little darling, yes? That's what I keep telling myself, LOL. I need the reminder. She has been quite a stinker lately. Literally. When I went in to get her this morning, I knew right away that she had pooped from the pungent odor wafting about the room. When I got over to the crib and saw her little tushie staring up at me, I realized she had taken off her diaper thereby getting poop all over the crib, which is why it smelled so much more . . . strongly. Well, I hit the roof. I hauled her up and into the tub, and I grumbled at her the whole time. Maybe it made an impression, LOL. I'm thinking not.

Everyone always would tell me, "Oh, 4 boys . . . I feel sorry for you! They must keep you on your toes!" or something to that effect. And they did keep me busy. BUT . . . I must say that they were never quite as much . . . trouble . . . as Anna is. None of the boys EVER took a diaper off themselves. Ever! I doubt it even crossed their minds. Mom put it on, so it must stay on, or something like that. They didn't constantly unload the diaper bag and try to lose my keys and cell phone. They didn't move the stool all over the kitchen, open the bag of muffins, and take bites out of every single muffin. They didn't help themselves to water by pressing the water dispenser lever on the fridge (and to think I thought we would never need a lock!). They never took all the kleenex out of a box or wet wipes out of a tub! She's just a well, a stinker.

I think a lot of it stems from the fact that I am nursing a lot more and doing a lot more school than when the others were babies, so it is harder to keep a close eye on her always. She's also quieter and sneakier than the boys were (are, LOL), so there usually isn't any big crash or anything to alert me that she is getting into something. Obviously I need to keep a closer rein, but it's just hard when I am tied to the couch nursing. Ideas? I could gate off the kitchen if I got a huge gate, but that would disrupt schooling, as the boys would have to be clamoring over it all the time. And that still doesn't solve the diaper problem, LOL. We'll see if that reoccurs. I'm hoping not. Call me an optimist.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taylor loved to take her diaper off too. We put her in onesies for naps and then 1-piece jammies for bed. That solved it!

Johanna said...

Caden takes his diaper off whenever he can. He is the only one of my children who has done that. We used to put him to bed in just a T-shirt and then we had to start putting pants or a onesie on him to keep him from taking it off. Now, he knows how to take those off too. He thinks it is great fun -- especially when he is "dirty". As for all the other stuff she is into -- welcome to the club. Zeke was my only one not like that, and Caden is the worst yet. I can only hope number four is easier, but somehow I don't think it will happen.
Good luck with your little stinker.

Pilot Mom said...

Just look at her precious smile! How could a precious child with a such a beautiful smile be associated with the word "stinker?" LOL! I DO remember those days with pilot> Especially one day when they (Pilot and David) decided to "garden" in the dirt of my huge shefalera (sp?). And, they knocked over my plant stand which was against the railing of the stairs, so dirt when all over the stairs, AND Pilot decided to help me by putting expensive Rx medicine cream all over David's head and then covering him with baby cereal! He looked like he had been tarred and feathered (only in white)!!! Of course, he did the last just minutes before David's mom was do to pick him up!!!

As for a suggestion...just off the top of my head...why don't you put her in the living room/play room with a gate there? Or is that doorway too wide? I can't remember.

You may just have to put her in a play pen during nursing hours...kind of like a "time out."

Michele said...

I haven't dealt with that, but I did hear about putting the onesie on or putting the diaper on backwards.