Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Girls

Grace is sitting in a doll stroller that I bought at a garage sale last weekend. Christa had a picture of her 3 girls, with her baby in a doll stroller, on her blog, so I shamelessly stole the idea. Her picture is cuter, LOL, not the least because it was taken outside in Hawaii. But I digress. It's a good thing I took the picture when I did, because now Grace has a big gash by her left eye. She was on the floor in the middle of the family room, and she inched herself over to the bookshelf, where she proceded to slam her head into it. Ow! She was not very happy about it either, if you can imagine.

While Grace was being tended to, Anna got busy and quiet. She pulled out an entire tub of wet wipes in an incident scarily reminiscent of the Great Kleenex Box Mess she made back in March. Hmmm. I'm just going to say that something is in the air today, because it's sort of been an off day. It is now 2:30, and Nathan is still not done with his schoolwork. The Distraction Fairy spent the morning here, I'm afraid.

We did have an interesting conversation during school time. Today we were praying for the Bahamas in Operation World, and I read that they have a 55% illegitimacy rate. Luke wanted to know what that meant, so I said that people were acting like they were married, without actually being married, and they were having babies. "How is that even possible?!" he wanted to know. Nathan, being the older and wiser of the 2, told him it was from "kissing and sleeping together". I had to correct that misapprehension, and so said that kissing and the act of sleeping don't actually create babies. So then Nathan asked the big question: "So how DOES the sperm get to the egg?" Good thing I was a biology major, LOL. I gave a breezy technical answer, which was met with stunned silence. Then Luke said, "Dad did THAT to YOU?!" Well, our secret is out! LOL! No wonder everyone is having trouble concentrating, with such new and disturbing news floating around!

4 comments:

Johanna said...

Isn't it fun when they start asking "those" questions. I have so enjoyed them with Russell and soon I am sure with Zeke. For now everytime Zeke even gets close to the topic Russell promptly informs him that he is still too young to know -- WHEW.

Anonymous said...

Now that made me laugh! (This is Liz.)

Our day was going good, but it's going to be another long night, that makes even good days longer. So, since I just got the "gonna be a late night" phone call, your post cheered me up a bit, laughter is good medicine.

Mary just knows that God makes babies in people's bellies, we're happy keeping it that way for now.

I not only have pictures of my kids in doll stroller, but most of the Uber kids in doll strollers, as well. There is something about those doll strollers. My sister in law bought one for her two boys when they were younger, they had so much fun with them at friends' houses. Dad wasn't so sure about that, but they're all boy, it hasn't caused any harm.

Pilot Mom said...

*wiping tears of laughter from eyes*

*catching breath*

Hahahahaha!!! ROFLOL!!!

Oh, Claire! Bless your little pea pickin' heart! You have made your aunt laugh hysterically! Thank you for the most uplifting and funny thing in....well, I can't remember when something was this funny!

Laughter IS good for the soul!

"Well, our secret is out! LOL! No wonder everyone is having trouble concentrating, with such new and disturbing news floating around!" That's enough to make anyone not be able to concentrate! ;)

On a more serious note, I remember when Pilot was 10 he discovered that one did not have to be married to get pregnant. In really was quite sad for me. A passing of a more innocent era. But isn't it great while it lasts? Of course one should be married to be able to have children!!! Wasn't that the original plan? And, doesn't it work very well? Yes, I think so too!

But thanks for making my day! I will have to have UJ read this tonight when he comes in. Today was a very hard day. I think catching up with him after 3 nights of working. Tomorrow is his holiday so a nice long weekend w/o any plans is just what the doc has ordered.

Sorry for the letter! *sheepish* You would think I could email! *geez* ;)

Pilot Mom said...

After all that, I forgot to say anything about the girls! It's such a cute pic, especially of Anna laughing. I'm going to copy it into my family pics! ;)