Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Printer Frustration

We are having huge issues with our printers. Namely, they only print HTML code from the internet. Here's exactly what happened. We have 2 printers, both HP. One is an all-in-one printer/fax/copier, and the other is a laser jet. The laser one is the one we usually use, but it ran out of ink after we got back from Ohio. We switched over to the all-in-one as our default printer until we could get another cartridge, and when we tried to print our library list, it spewed out dozens of pages of HTML gibberish before I could cancel the printing. We tried printing other stuff off the internet, and it was the same.

We thought the problem would be solved when we went back to the laser printer, but after getting a new cartridge, now it prints the same way. I AM SO FRUSTRATED!!!!! I literally want to cry.

We need a new baby monitor, since one of ours has given up the ghost after having served faithfully for many years. I was so excited to get an email coupon from Babies R Us for 12% off of anything in the store today! I went to print it off, but of course it was nothing but junk. I can't even forward it anywhere else to get it printed off because when I clicked on it again, a message popped up saying you can only print off one coupon! Argh!

I guess downloading something like Firefox is the only option, but then I once again have to refigure out all my favorites and everything. I can not believe that this just happened out of the clear blue sky to us, and there seems to be no solution for it at all. We might as well just throw the 2 stupid printers away (and the computer too, for all I care at this point). I'm back to writing down all the important information, like from our hotel reservations, anywhere. Where's that old typewriter of ours, anyhow?

2 comments:

witw said...

I can help, we just need to be able to get some time on the phone. Also, you can import all your favorites from IE into firefox, so you don't have to redo.

Johanna said...

We had the same problem with ours a while back and we still use IE. I am not sure what the fix was but I will talk to Chris and let you know what he says. I wish I had known you needed a coupon -- I had one for 25% of anything in the store at Babies R Us. Unfortunately it was going to expire before we get back from NC so I threw it out.