Monday, April 28, 2008

Yay, Anna!

Anna wins the gold star of the day by pooping in her little potty! What excitement we have over here in our house! This is the first time for that particular accomplishment, so when I joyfully announced it, everyone had to come running from all other parts of the house to see the evidence of this great feat and praise Anna profusely. She is going to be in for a rude awakening several years down the road when she realizes that in the real world there is not a chorus of supportive boys around to cheer her every move, LOL.

Normally I would take this and run with it, but May is not going to be a normal month for us. We are gearing up for some serious driving, and we simply can not be tied to a 2 year old's erratic potty schedule.

Here is the (hopeful) schedule; you can then argue amongst yourselves as to whether or not we are crazy. Bob's niece is getting married on Sunday, May 18 at 3:00 in Richmond, VA. We will drive down there and back home on Sunday. Monday we will leave and drive to St. Louis (825 miles), and Tuesday we will drive another 825 miles to where Bob has a TDY scheduled for Wednesday (that's always subject to budget issues, so that's why that part of the plan is hopeful, not definite, LOL). Thursday we'll drive to Salt Lake City, where my cousin in getting married Sunday, May 25. Then we'll spend another week or so out there, visiting with family before heading back home by way of Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore. Like I said, serious daytime milage amounts (usually we only do a max of 700), so I don't want to have to make extra stops for tender toddler bladders.

If the TDY gets cancelled, then we'll take the drive out to Utah in 3 days. That would be more enjoyable, but with the TDY, the government will pay for gas up to the price of an airline ticket. That's a pretty significant help, with these gas prices! Plus, that would be 3 less days of leave Bob would have to take--2 travel days, and 1 actual day of TDY.

Right now I am trying to figure out the back half of the trip. We just got some Yellowstone books out of the library, and some of the Well-Trained Mind ladies gave me some great websites to look at as well. I'm going to be busy the next few days!

4 comments:

Michele said...

Well, you never know -- she could simply amaze you! I was so concerned about our move here when Julia was nearly 2 1/2. We had to stop more for Thomas (3 1/2)! Have fun traveling!

Anonymous said...

You could come by Kentucky... we'd love to see you!

Johanna said...

HAHAHA. When Caden started I think we pulled over about 10 times in 6 hours with a frantic 2 year old. It was a long trip but he did actually manage to stay dry. Good luck on your trip. That is a LOT of mileage on a daily basis. I think it would drive me over the edge. Of course I'm not even sure I would attempt that many in one day. The kids and I did 400 yesterday getting to NC and that was more than enough for me.

Tonya said...

Oh, that drive sounds awful to me. But Yellowstone is awesome! We were there last summer (we flew to Denver and drove up - we took 2 days). Hope you guys enjoy the trip!