Friday, October 17, 2008

Awwww, man . . .

. . . I lost one of the diamonds from my wedding band today. I have a solitaire for an engagement ring, and then the wedding band wrapped around that, with a triangular diamond on either side. I dropped off a bunch of clothes to try to sell at one of our big consignment sales around here before Bible study, and when I got to Bible study, I noticed the empty prongs. I think a prong must have caught on something there at the sale place, since I know the diamond was there earlier in the day.

I had been thinking that this might have to be the pregnancy where I get a cheap plain gold band, since I am already feeling like my rings are a bit tight. I guess that will happen sooner, rather than later, although I am not up to my 4th trip to Wal-Mart in one week, so I guess it won't be all that soon! Hopefully in the meantime no one will mistake me for a single mom, LOL.

3 comments:

Tonya said...

I haven't worn a ring at all since early in this last pregnancy. I asked Eric if he wanted me to get a plain gold band or a fake ring - he said no. It bothered me hugely for months, but now I'm used to it. I can get my engagement ring on, but not my wedding ring. Maybe in a few weeks!!! Oh, and I just didn't worry about the single mom thing - let people think what they want. Plus, with 4 kids in tow and a pregnant belly, people don't notice my fingers!

Johanna said...

I wore my rings all the way through my pregnancy with Russell. The week before he was born the doctor mistook me for a pregnant single (teen) mother. She said it was just because I looked so young. I was surprised because I had rings on and she had my ACTIVE DUTY military record in front of her. People in this world are horribly unobservant. I wouldnt worry about them even noticing.
Sorry about your diamond. Did you have any insurance on it or anything?

Dy said...

Oh, Johanna, that's funny. Sad, but funny.

The ring was always something that bothered me. I didn't care so much about other people, but *I* wanted to have a ring on. So, I indulged, and bought a cheap gold band that I could switch out about halfway through. Made me happy. :-)

I'm just sorry you lost a diamond in the process. That's a bummer.

How are you feeling this go-round? I'm sorry I've been so quiet. For a while I was reading, but not commenting, and lately we've been so bloomin' busy that I haven't had time to read, write, or shave. *sigh* I've missed ya.

Dy, off to catch up!